14.

"Name and ID." The security guard held his hand out, looking at me in attempt to size me up.
"Tobias." I spoke loud enough, handing him the fake ID Trent had made for me. He nodded, allowing me inside. Access granted just like Hakim assured.
I was dressed in a all black tuxedo; which would be considered stepping out my comfort zone. Unlike the settings I'm used to, this event was more on the fancy side. Security was tight and everyone dressed in long dresses or suits. My eyes scanned the room.

They landed right on the target, Jared Malone. I walked over to the bar, ordering a drink. I kept my distance on the other side of the ballroom, still keeping eyes on him. "Can I buy you a drink?" A friendly female voice questioned. I looked over at the short light skinned chick. She had curly red hair and way too much makeup on her face. "I'm good." I politely responded.

She scoffed, walking off. Females can never just take no for an answer without feeling offended or dismissed. I shook my head, chugging down the last few sips of liquor that was in my cup. I looked over at the other side of the room to see Jared on the move. I placed my glass down on the counter, following him without drawing suspicion. Jared is one of them Mexican niggas Hakim wanted smoke with due to a trade gone wrong. Hakim rarely got his hands dirty; but he wasn't someone to sleep on.

Jared is in his mid twenties, about five foot seven. He's known for being the head of the Mexican cartel and supposedly armed and dangerous. However, from the looks of it, Mr. Malone let his guard down tonight. I watched as he went into one of the many private rooms with an unknown white girl. I checked my surroundings, making sure no one was in sight. I pulled the gun from my waistband, placing the silencer on. Knowing this job had to be discreet and clean, I swiftly pulled the curtain open, revealing Jared and the girl. I aimed my gun at them both.

"Please, please don't kill me." The chick begged.
"Who the fuck sent you?" Jared questioned.
"See you in hell." I smirked, putting three bullets into his head. The chick began crying hysterically as her body shook due to fear. "Wrong place, wrong time baby girl." I emptied the rest of the clip in her head.

This is what I do; the job of a hit man. I don't ask why, I just shoot to kill. Most people consider it to be "dirty work", even being heartless. I simply consider it as getting the fucking job I was paid to do done.

[An hour later]:

Checking the time on her phone, she saw it was exactly 10:30pm on the dot. Destiny was dressed and ready. Quan assured her to dress comfortably. She wore a black cropped t-shirt with a pair of light blue jeans that contained rips in them. She threw some red, black, and white Air Force 1s on her feet to top the simple outfit off. "You look cute." De'Lanice examined her older sister. Destiny looked over Lani, who was dressed in a pair of pajamas; ready for bed. "Thanks." She smiled. "Be safe." Lani walked off.

"I will. See you later." Destiny said loud enough for her sister to hear from the middle of the hallway. Minutes later, Quan was outside her house. She made sure to grab her keys and purse. When she made it outside, Quan was in a 2020 red Dodge Charger Scat Pack wide body. "Boys and their toys", Destiny thought to herself; heading towards the car. She got in the passengers seat, looking over at him. His eyes were red as they slightly hung low. "Hey." She greeted him, putting on her seatbelt. He smirked at Destiny, "Sup." He licked his lips.

He pulled off from the curb, heading straight for the highway. "Where we going?" I asked, hoping he wasn't keeping it a secret. He looked over at me as he used one hand to steer, "House party." He said. "Who's?" I questioned. He chuckled, "A friend of mine. Nothing big, just close friends." He informed. Destiny nodded, asking no further questions as he continued driving.

Forty-minutes later they pulled up in front of a unfamiliar house. A few luxury cars were parked out front, and inside the gate. Quan held his hand out for Destiny after getting out the car. When they walked inside the house, music loudly pumped through the speakers and led lights were flashing. Topless girls brushed past Destiny due to how packed the house was. "I thought you said nothing big." She said into Quan's ear. "Yeah, well, King unpredictable as fuck." He laughed. She shook her head as he lead the way into the nice kitchen.

Quan walked over to a group of guys, "Fellas." He spoke catching their attention. "Yo! Waddup." One guy said dapping Quan up. The others did the same.
"Nigga, fuck you doing... taking steroids?" One of the other guys joked. Quan laughed, shaking his head. "Get yo ass in the gym, that's what you need to do." Quan told him. "Anyways." he trailed off.
"This is Destiny. Destiny these is my knuckle head friends, "Marcus, Taro, Curtis and King." He pointed to the four of his friends, introducing us.
"Nice to meet you guys." Destiny waved. "You Q's girl?" Marcus questioned out of curiosity. He was probably the same height as her or a little taller. He was brown skin with long dreads that reached his shoulders. "Sounds like a question for him to answer." I smirked, looking directly at Quan.

"How about Marcus just minds his business." Quan told his friend, lightly smacking him upside the head. "Come on." Quan tugged at her arm, pulling her away from the group. "It was nice meeting you all." She told the guys, not wanting to be rude and walk off like Quan did. Each guy smiled or gave her a simple head nod. All four men were fairly attractive in their own ways. Quan handed Destiny a red cup containing alcohol as they sat on a empty couch.

A few girls gave Destiny bitter looks as they watched Quan whisper things into her ear. "Stop." She giggled, feeling him kiss on her neck. "You know you don't want me to." He continued kissing on her neck. "You ready to go?" He questioned. "Go where? We just got here." Her eyebrows knitted together in confusion. They hadn't even spent a full hour at the party. "To my place." He simply stated. Destiny swallowed the lump in her throat while a wave of nervousness rushed over.

She contemplated on what her answer should be. She took another sip from the plastic cup, nodding her head, "Okay, yeah. Let's go." She looked at him for a brief moment. He smiled, standing to his feet. Quan intertwined their hands, leading Destiny out the house. They got back into his charger before safely speeding off. She could feel the knots in her stomach and her nerves setting in.

"What am I about to get myself into", she thought to herself.