38.

Christmas Day was officially here. I watched Deedra, Lani, and Darnell tear through all the wrapping paper to get to their gifts. "Ah!" Lani squealed in excitement; indicating she was delighted with her present, a baby blue Polaroid camera which she had wanted to get herself for a minute now.

"Thank you, Des!" She rushed over to give me one of biggest hug she'd probably ever given. I squeezed her tightly, "Your welcome." I smiled, feeling accomplished that I was able to put a simple smile on her face. She never asked for much when it came down to it. Lately, Lani has been getting into taking pictures. She's been uploading her pictures on Tumblr for her own reasons.

"Who's next?" I looked over at Deedra and Darnell. Deedra unwrapped the box with a unknown gift inside. She gasped in shock coming face to face with her Christmas gift, "No way! I thought it would be sold out." Deedra was amazed at how her big sis managed to pull this one off.

"Well, then your one lucky girl." I smirked. Knowing my sister; I knew she would love the latest Kylie Cosmetics collection which is exactly what I purchased. It might seem like a basic gift, but it cost a few dollars and I knew Deedra would appreciate it. "Thank you! Thank you!" She repeated, holding the large box to her chest.

Deedra has hopes of one day becoming a professional makeup artist, doing makeup for some of the biggest celebrities in the industry. With her talent for beating a face, I know she'll achieve her dreams with the right discipline and mindset. "Darnell you up." Lani announced.

We all directed our attention to Darnell who ripped through the wrapping paper, not caring to be delicate. "Let's go!" He shouted looking down at the brand new Xbox. "I ever told you how you're the best big sister?" He looked up at me. There was a shift in my brothers behavior. He was doing everything being asked of him, so I only found it fair to gift him with a new game system.

I playfully rolled my eyes. There's no doubt that my siblings appreciate the type of sister I am, however, I also don't want them thinking they can continuously look forward to this kind of treatment. At some point, each of them will have to learn dependency. I looked at the smiles on they're faces. "I love you all. Merry Christmas!"

After exchanging a few more presents, everyone went off to get changed for Christmas dinner with our Mother. I scrambled through the clothes in my closet, in search of the decent outfit suitable enough for the occasion I lowkey dreaded having to attend. I didn't even know why I was trying so hard. It's just my Trina, my Mother who had just been released from rehab two days ago.

Ten minutes went by. Then fifteen, eventually leading to twenty. When I finally found an outfit I truly approved of; a sigh of relief escaped my mouth. The white jumpsuit hugged me just as I had imagined. It went perfect for the restaurant we would be eating at. I topped the outfit off with a pair of plain black heels. I ran the flat iron through my hair one last time. My makeup was done to a light perfection.

 My makeup was done to a light perfection