epilogue

one month later

Jeonghan closed the car door with a loud thud, sighing in relieve when his back touched the familiar leather of the drivers seat in Seungcheol's Jeep. A tender kiss was pressed against his temple, followed by gentle fingers ruffling through his blonde hair. 

"I can't believe he actually gave us an A plus on the project and presentation." Seungcheol spoke, chuckling worriedly about Jeonghan's exhausted state, "After we only started on it last night." 

"We should have started sooner because this was the last time I'm doing an all nighter on some stupid project." Jeonghan rolled his eyes, although he wasn't able to stop a smile from creeping up his face when he felt Seungcheol still working wonders with his fingers on his head. 

"You know what you need?" Seungcheol questioned, making Jeonghan hum in response, "A good cup of coffee. My treat!" 

On cue, Jeonghan's eyes shot open and he suddenly sat straight in his chair. "Let's go!" 

Seungcheol couldn't help but to laugh about Jeonghan sudden boost of energy on only hearing the word coffee. It never got old. 

He twisted the car keys in its lock, the engine making a satisfying roaring sound as the vehicle started moving. 

"I wonder why Soonyoung, Jisoo and Wonwoo weren't attending school today." Jeonghan said when the vehicle took off. 

"Didn't they do their presentation yesterday? They are probably just enjoying their vacation, nothing to worry about." Seungcheol said calmly, as it was indeed summer break for those who finished the project. It made sense, right?

"No that doesn't make any sense. They haven't been replying to me all day, which is impossible since Jisoo doesn't have a life, he's probably binging anime all day. Wonwoo probably got stuck in a book and he always takes breaks at specific times, which he didn't do today. And you can't convince me Soonyoung has been dancing all day without taking any breaks?" 

"You should apply for a job at the FBI with that knowledge of yours." Seungcheol said, snickering about the confused expression Jeonghan's face held. 

"Seungcheol. I have been friends with them for about three years now. I might or might not know the natural routine of my own friends." Jeonghan replied in a monotone voice, crossing his arms in defense as he stared out of the window. 

"Don't worry about it Hannie, they're probably just busy." Seungcheol lay his hand on Jeonghan's thigh, gently squeezing it in reassurement. 

"All at the same time, a bit suspicious isn't it?" 

"Come on, stop being so grumpy. We're getting coffee, remember?" Seungcheol playfully said, taking a turn and nearly running through a red light. "Come to think of it, do you remember that cafe where we had our first official date?" 

Jeonghan's eyes instantly lit up on the memory of the cute little cafe Seungcheol took him out to for the first time. "How could I forget?"

"The owner shut the place down a couple of weeks ago sadly. I would have loved to go there another time." Seungcheol said, making Jeonghan's smile fade a little at the thought that the place would only remain as a memory.

"I wish we could relive all those times we went there. Except of the last one of course." Jeonghan pointed out the weird encounter with Yenna, the last time they went to the place.