forty six

A knock on the door was heard before a silence fell over the room that was filled with middle aged men. 

Kim Yenna opened the door and revealed the modern, black themed room. A shiny round table was placed in the centre of it, seated on by seven men to be precisely. All heads shot up and threw annoyed glances in her direction as she just interrupted an important meeting. 

"Yenna. What are you doing here?" A heavy male voice sounded sternly, making Yenna bow and mutter a soft apology. 

"I came to talk about your son, mister Choi." 

The man, seated on the opposite side of the room, stood up from his seat and smoothes out the crinkles in his neat black suit. He brought a hand up to his thick gelled back hair, and flatted it even more with the palm of his hand. "We proceed the meeting in half an hour. Excuse me gentlemen, this is important."

The sound of exhausted groans and irritated sighs echoed between the brick walls, before the so called mister Choi left the room, placing a hand on the slightly taller girl's shoulder and leading her to another room through the dark, wooden decorated hallway. 

He opened the door that had a name tag with Choi Byungwoo written in gold calligraphy. A gigantic dark oak wooden desk stood in the middle of the office, paired with a black leathern chair. Sitting at the opposite side of it would have given most people a powerless feeling.

But not Yenna, the girl who grew up in these circumstances and didn't know better than that. 

Byungwoo took place in the usual big chair behind the desk, gesturing for Yenna to sit down on the small wooden chair in front of him, before he folded his hands together and watched her sit down. He cleared his throat before he spoke up in his utterly low tone. 

"So. You have news about Seungcheol you said?"

Yenna bobbed her head up and down to the emotionless man. "I met him at the cafe earlier today."

"Did he give any clear answer about if he's coming with you tomorrow or not?" 

"He told me he was getting ready to leave everything he was building up there behind, so i'm taking that as a yes." 

Filled with pride, Byungwoo leaned back in the backrest of his chair, the small trace of a smile being seen on his face. "I told you he is too weak to resist the offer." 

"About that.. I think I might have found his weak spot.." Yenna spoke in an evil tone, making Byungwoo look at her in curiosity. "You mean that friend he made? Jeonghan?" 

"Actually.. It's worse than that." She casually crossed her legs and clasped her hands together on top of her thighs. "Jeonghan isn't just a friend. We found out him and Seungcheol are having a romantic relationship."

Byungwoo's eyes widened in anger and his mouth fell open a little. "No no no no.. that can't be.." He whispered to himself. "You're telling me my son is gay?" 

"I'm afraid he is.." 

Letting the anger take over him, Byungwoo clenched his fists, raising them before he slammed them back on the shining surface of the table. The sound of his sudden action echoed through the room, however, Yenna didn't flinch. Instead, she took a strand of hair in-between her fingers and swirled it around, not caring about Byungwoo's usual anger issues. 

"I always knew there was something wrong with the kid. This is why you should've been my biological child, you're so much more of a daughter to me than he will ever be my son."

A sudden warm feeling filled Yenna's chest after hearing the comment Byungwoo made. It made her feel proud to have a fatherly figure in her life which she could look up to. And even though a sudden feeling of happiness hit her, she remained in her role and kept a cold face. 

"I appreciate that sir." 

"But please continue, you hadn't told me the whole story about what happened yesterday either." 

Yenna shifted a little in her position on the uncomfortable wooden chair, getting ready to tell him the whole story. "We have been looking for Seungcheol for the past two months as you know, and last week we found him driving around in a big black jeep. Right now he stays in some sort of huge mansion with a host family and goes to a school named Pledis High. I don't know if he has any other friends beside Jeonghan."

"Impressive, continue." Byungwoo spoke, seemingly getting more interested the more she spoke. 

"We found out about Jeonghan's existence soon enough. They occasionally went to the beach at midnight, and it didn't took long before Seungcheol started taking him to the mansion with him. At first we thought they were just friends, and knowing Seungcheol gets too emotionally attached to something he isn't used to, we used it as his weak spot."

"You became so good at this. Go on."

"I committed the first phone call to him in one of his breaks, telling him he had to come to the schoolyard's gates. Surprisingly, he showed up and we drove around for about ten minutes. I explained to him he had to come with us again. And at first he refused, but when I dropped Jeonghan's name I saw an expression on his face I never saw before." 

She took a little pause and chuckled, rolling her eyes, before she said the next word.

"Love." 

"It was easy from that point. The boy is so hopelessly in love with Jeonghan, there wasn't any other option left. So I told him he had two days left before we would pick him up. And before that time he had to break Jeonghan's heart. You know, it wouldn't make much of a difference if he didn't do it, because he would vanish anyways. But I thought, why not add a little fun to this shall we?" 

"You are marvelous. Although breaking his heart is actually really helpful in this situation. If we let Seungcheol tell him the real reason behind his sudden disappearance we might get ourselves in trouble. But go on."

"You're absolutely right sir. Anyways. I was just on my way back to check if he was still in the house when I saw them walking over the street together this morning. They went to a cafe, so I decided to follow them, checking if I could maybe get Jeonghan for myself for a few minutes to mess around a little. And it worked! I think Seungcheol must have had a hard time explaining everything. You should've seen the look on his face, he was absolutely furious!" 

"That's what he get's for leaving us behind." 

A loud knock echoed the room, making the two look at the door expectant. "Come in!"

A fully grey haired man opened the door with a slight creak and didn't step further than the doorpost. "The Park's are about to leave, so consider ending the meeting before throwing away an important deal again just because of that disobedient piece of son of yours." 

"I understand, thank you Jinho. I'm coming with you."

 Byungwoo got up from his seat and hurried himself to the door. Just when he was about to leave he turned his head back to Yenna, giving her one last emotionless glance. "I will reward you when you get me my son in this office tomorrow night." 

"I won't disappoint you sir." Yenna said, bowing her head politely before Byungwoo walked back to his meeting on a fast pace. 

this is all just too easy. Yenna thought to herself as an evil smirk spread over her face.

She wouldn't disappoint Mr Choi.