forty two

A bright stroke of sunlight shining directly in Jeonghan's eyes was what woke the boy up on the early morning. Slowly he opened his eyelashes, letting his eyes get used to the warm light of the sun. He lifted his head from Seungcheol's broad chest and yawned, getting used to the familiar surroundings. 

"Goodmorning Hannie." Seungcheol spoke in his raspy morning voice, sending butterflies through Jeonghan's tummy as he looked up to meet his boyfriend's eyes. Just like Jeonghan's, they were only half opened and his raven black hair stuck out in every possible position. Something that seemed, somehow, extremely good looking to Jeonghan. 

"Goodmorning Cheol." Jeonghan dropped his head back and snuggled his nose back in the soft skin of Seungcheol's chest. "What time is it?" 

"A little after nine." 

Jeonghan instantly snapped his head back up, a rush of panic shooting through his entire body. school! "Fuck! We're going to be late for schoo-" "-ssshhh relax. We have the entire day off to work on the project, remember?" 

of course.. Jeonghan relaxed his body again and dropped himself back in his former position, knowing they could stay in bed as long as they wanted. "I forgot.." He giggled and lazily lay an arm over Seungcheol's bare chest. 

"Silly." Seungcheol said before he pecked Jeonghan's forehead, playing with his long brown locks. "Anyways, how did you sleep?"

"I slept pretty well. Sleeping shirtless is indeed way more comfortable. It feels more freeing than I thought it would be. And how have you slept?"

"I told you! I slept pretty good. Having you in my arms makes my night at least ten times better." Seungcheol shamelessly flirted, ignoring the light slab Jeonghan gave his chest.  

Seungcheol let his fingers wander off to Jeonghan's back, tracing random patterns with his fingertips. His skin felt soft like silk, making Seungcheol handle him with even more care, afraid he might break with the slightest touch of his fingertips against his bare skin. 

"Hannie?" Jeonghan lazily hummed in response, his whole body in a state of relaxation because of Seungcheol's gentle touches. "Can we go on a date today?"  Jeonghan giggled and seemed beyond excited. "I'd love to.. Maybe we can drink coffee again? I really loved that last time!" 

"Of course, anything for you my love." Seungcheol pecked Jeonghan's forehead, who secretly loved the new nickname his boyfriend gave him, and stared back up at the plain white ceiling, a sudden sadness rushing over him. He swallowed away the rising lump in his throat, not wanting to let Jeonghan notice anything about it. 

He would make the time they spent together a precious memory for the both of them. Because especially now, every second counted and every minute they wouldn't spend together would be wasted. Seungcheol was determined to give Jeonghan the time of his life. Knowing they had only 37 hours left together, making Jeonghan the happiest man alive was on top of his to do list. 

"Any particular time you want to go?"

"I don't know.. do you have any options?"

Seungcheol suddenly shot up, taking Jeonghan with him. Once he sat straight Jeonghan couldn't bring it up to actually raise his head, so he just remained against Seungcheol's chest, lazily leaning his weight against the bundle of muscles he called his boyfriend.

"How about we go right now? Let's take a walk to the cafe!"

"Walk?!" Jeonghan lifted his head and gave Seungcheol a questioning look. "You got a car and you still want to walk there?!"

"Come on! Isn't it cute..? You know, walking hand in hand on the pavement in the chilly morning sun, not giving a fuck about the stares we get from those elder people around us?"

Jeonghan still didn't seem convinced. "You can hold my thigh when we're in the car?? I can also offer you my hand if you rather hold that??" 

"Hannie don't be like that.." Seungcheol pouted, making a small amount of blush spread over the younger his cheeks, which he tried to hide behind his long hair. How could he possibly resist that..?

"Okay, okay.. we'll walk there.." He gave into Seungcheol, who cheered happily and got up from the bed. The first thing he did was throwing the curtains open and letting the entire room bathe in the glory of the morning sun. After that he walked to his huge closet and picked an outfit. 

Jeonghan did the same thing and opened the doors all the way on the left side, revealing a pile of clothes Seungcheol had chosen for him. Seungcheol decided to go for a plain white t-shirt, a pair of beige jeans and a black and white plaid blazer. Jeonghan went for an oaken brown knitted sweater that hugged his chest perfectly combined with a black pair of ripped skinny jeans. 

"Can I use your bathroom or should I take the one in the hallway?" Jeonghan asked, being the first to be fully clothed. "Just use mine, I'm fine with that." Seungcheol answered as he pulled his shirt down. 

Jeonghan nodded and took the door right next to Seungcheol's closet, revealing an as huge and fancy looking bathroom like the rest of the house. How could he expected it to be different..

He walked over to one of the two sinks and opened a drawer underneath it, searching for something he could use as a hairbrush. But sadly he couldn't find anything useful.

"Cheollie, do you perhaps have a hairbrush?" 

Seungcheol head appeared in the door opening, checking if Jeonghan was wearing his full clothes, respecting his privacy at all cost. "Yeah I do, can I come in?"  Jeonghan nodded and Seungcheol fully stepped inside, checking another drawer and grabbing the hairbrush he was talking about. "I can comb your hair for you if you want?" 

Jeonghan excitedly nodded when Seungcheol took position behind him and carefully stared brushing out his silky soft hair. The younger stared at their reflection in the mirror, finding the sight extremely cute. Seungcheol's tongue poked out from time to time, showing how focussed he was working. 

"Your hair makes me want to grow out mine too." Seungcheol said as he kept on brushing although Jeonghan's hair was already fully back in its perfect shape. 

"I was actually thinking of cutting it off." Seungcheol's gaze instantly shot up to eye Jeonghan in the mirror. "But this suits you so well!" " Would you love me less if I cut it off..?" Seungcheol chuckled and lay the brush back on the sink, bringing both hands to Jeonghan's tummy as he took him in a tight back hug. 

"Of course I wouldn't love you less dummy. Yes, I would miss your long hair, I admit that. But to me it doesn't matter that much. Long hair, short hair. I would still love you if you went bald." Jeonghan scrunched his nose up at the thought of him going bald. "You think I would go bald?!"

"Relax Hannie, I'm just giving you an example to show you that no matter what you do, I'd still love you." Jeonghan looked beside him, meeting Seungcheol's face which was placed on his shoulder. "The same goes for me. I don't care what you do, I promise I would love you forever." 

forever..

Jeonghan's words made him want to bawl his eyeballs out.

How would he be possible to love him forever after what was about to happen..

But instead of showing his emotions he gave Jeonghan a quick peck on the lips and pulled away from the hug. "I still have to shave." Seungcheol stated, rubbing his hands over his chin and feeling how rough it was after not having shaved for the past three days. 

"Can I shave you?" Jeonghan cutely asked, in which Seungcheol waved his hands. "No no no, I'd rather do that by myself." 

"But you combed my hair too!" 

And with a sigh Seungcheol handed over the can of shaving cream. 

"You're impossible!"