|16| Unanswered Questions

Começar do início

The angel exhaled softly, his eyes returning to its normal shade and the faint red thread vanished from his sight.

He couldnt help but wonder-

What in the world had his banished brother done to have a red string tied down to a mere human who wasn't anything more than just a colleague?

Just a colleague.

He wasn't some loyal guard unlike the pink haired demon, who had a similar but a stronger red string tied down to him from the Devil.

The human- was just a colleague- an acquaintance.

The red string doesn't get tied down to acquaintances-

So, why?

The angel paused, dread creeping upto him.

This was bad-

Definitely-

And Namjoon could already feel something stirring up.

*********

"What are you doing Jungkook?" Taehyung deadpanned, slightly annoyed watching the raventte slacking on while he was forced to continue working on the papers on his desk.

"Ah- Detective Kim! I- uh am playing this-" Jungkook paused tilting to bye side, his eyes full of determination and the tip of his tongue peeking out from the corner of his mouth.

"- this game. I downloaded it last night along with Jimin and we both made a pact to race to the level 10,000" Jungkook continued veering to the right,  his hands gripped around his smartphone.

"-whoever loses has to strip tease in Sinner"

Taehyung blinked.

Taehyung blinked again.

Then he sighed.

Seriously- he wasnt even slightly surprised.

"Is there even a level 10,000?" Taehyung asked, exhausted from his partner's idiocy.

Jungkook looked up momentarily- his face dawning onto realization.

"Oh..." Jungkook paused but then his lips curled into a smile

"well... we wouldnt know until we reach there, now would we?" he shrugged , going back into the game.

Taehyung sighed.

Idiots.

Clowns.

Crackheads.

Taehyung was dealing with all of them- no... just one. Infact, Taehyung was dealing with a guy who was simply the President for all those categories mentioned above.

Taehyung groaned and kicked Jungkook, who yelped and threw a curse, groaning back.

"Stop sitting on your lazy ass and help with this shit-" Taehyung snarled, going back to the paperwork.

"Well.. I'm just a crime scene police consultant- my job description didnt say that I had to work on some petty paperwork" Jungkook replied cockily and Taehyung found his own eyes twitching.

Gripping onto the pen between his fingers and gritting his teeth, Taehyung turned around to look at the raventte who help up a smug grin.

Taehyung's glare receded, his eyes folding into crescents and a pure sarcastic smile tugging his lips up.

"But your job description definitely said that you won't be allowed on active crime sites bearing serious threat and that you could only provide your views when you're summoned by the task force" Taehyung paused,  his index finger below his chin "mmmm I mean... if you worship your job description rules so much, you should follow them all and not just pick few ones that favour you..."