Paranoia

Percy paced around the Hades cabin, feeling antsy.

His mom had just gone into labour and he wanted to be there for her, he just couldn't.

Every single nightmare involving him always featured a car.

The fact that they could only get there by car worried Percy. Everyone reported to a car being the main weapon in their dreams.

Percy wasn't the only one. Nico and Will were also reluctant to go anywhere near a car, let alone get in one.

Percy wanted to go and see his mom. Wanted be there for her.

But he physically couldn't even look at a car without freaking out.

He'd already gone two months without a panic attack, he didn't want to break his record now.

His mom had understood. Driving really was the only way they could get there.

Nico hadn't shadow traveled with Percy since they found out he was pregnant, none of them knowing how it could affect the baby.

So they went with the safer option: just don't shadow travel.

Will sighed from where he was sat, watching Percy pace the room.

He turned to look at Nico, finding Nico's eyes on Percy, sitting there with clenched fists.

He knew if asked, Nico would deny being worried, or even excited. But his clenched fists said otherwise.

They knew Nico, knew that most of the time he did this was because he was feeling an intense emotion, sometimes one he didn't understand. Sometimes it was because he was feeling two emotions at once, unable to understand how to make them coexist well together.

Percy sighed, announcing that he was going to find Grover before heading out of the cabin, accidentally letting the door slam behind him.

Nico jumped slightly, the slam bringing him back to reality, his eyes coming into focus.

Will opened his arms, inviting Nico in for a hug, allowing him to cuddle his head into his chest.

Nico smiled, enjoying Will's warmth.

They lay down together on the bed, slowly drifting off to sleep.

Percy sneaked into the cabin a while later, looking a lot calmer than he did before.

He smiled at the sight of his boyfriends cuddled close, asleep, before kicking off his shoes and joining them on the bed.

Eventually, Percy too fell asleep, his paranoia from before, gone.

For now.