Secrets

Percy blinked, his eyes adjusting to the light.

It had taken him longer than usual to come back to reality, his mind still stuck in the flashback.

Since he'd started sleeping in the Hades cabin, his nightmares had lessened.

His panic attacks rarely ever happened now, either Will or Nico always there to unknowingly pull him back to reality.

Sometimes it bothered him that Grover was the only one to be happy for him in that aspect, but then he thought back to when the three of them had gotten together and he didn't care anymore.

Percy gulped, his eyes glazed over as he stared into the mirror, his scars on full display.

Slowly, he brought a finger up to drag lightly across the scar on his chest, remembering the kitchen knife that did it.

He brought his hand up to rest on his shoulder, his thumb rubbing soothing circles over the stitching.

With a deep breath did he turn around, his back now facing the mirror.

Come on Percy, you can do this.

He turned his head slowly, trying to delay as much as possible.

He finally caught sight of his back, his breath hitching at the beaten skin.

Long, jagged white scars ran from near his neck to his lower back, some ranging in size, depth and width.

He smiled sadly, so many memories circling around in his head.

He turned away from the mirror, his finger lightly tracing the burn mark across his ribcage.

Smaller scars, marks and burns littered his skin, some being from monsters he's fought throughout the years. Others...

Others being from someone who was supposed to care for him.

Love him.

Guide him.

He guessed they did guide him in a way.

Gave him an example of what not to become.

Percy felt his stomach drop as he heard a gasp, turning around to find Will and Nico stood by the door.

Will looked close to tears, his hand covering his mouth.

Nico's eyebrows were furrowed, his face scrunched up in anger. His fists were clenched, several drops of blood dripping to the floor from between his fingers.

Percy's leg shook, a nervous habit he had whenever he was in confronting situations.

Percy gulped, slowly walking over to his boyfriends, grabbing Nico's right hand and prying his fist open. He quickly did the same with the left hand before placing his hands on Nico's cheeks, moving his head so that he was looking at him.

"I-I'm sorry."

Everything Percy had been about to say just washed away, leaving him with nothing but empty words.

Nico's eyes finally seemed to click back into focus, all of his attention now on Percy as he wrapped his arms around his waist and hugged him.

Percy smiled, burying his head in Nico's hair and sniffling, trying his hardest not to cry.

They broke apart, Nico allowing for Percy to turn to Will, watching as he grasped his hand and moved it away from his mouth.

Percy looked down in shame before wiping away Will's tears, feeling bad for making him cry.

Percy opened his arms, inviting Will in for a hug too.

They were joined by Nico not long after. He needed to know Percy was okay, that he was with him.

His mind was racing, knowing that not all of those scars were from monsters. His brain was working hard to put the evidence to a situation, wanting to know how Percy got at least half of those scars.

They stayed like that for about five minutes, Percy finally breaking down halfway through the second.

Once Percy had stopped crying, they headed over to Nico's bed, sitting huddled together with their backs against the headboard.

Percy took a deep breath before starting, his heart get lighter as he spoke, like a weight being lifted off his chest.

Once he'd finished, both Nico and Will leaned their heads against his shoulders, their arms wrapped around him.

They didn't talk after that, Nico and Will giving Percy reassurance in the form of featherlight kisses, their bodies always touching.

Percy enjoyed the physical contact, feeling the best he has in years.