Let The Love Bloom

The campers all made their way to dining Pavilion in silence, nobody really knowing what to do anymore.

Nico walked with his head down, his mind wandering.

He wasn't exactly surprised when he bumped into someone, falling backwards onto the floor.

He grunted, pain flaring throughout his body.

A hand came into view, offering him help.

Reluctantly, he took it, allowing the person to hoist him up.

He looked up, his eyes meeting a familiar pair of sky blue ones.

With a sigh did he let go of the person's hand, not wishing to spend more time than he needed to in the presence of Will Solace.

Nico went to walk away, refusing to look at Will. He was stopped by a hand on his wrist, pulling him back.

Nico closed his eyes, taking deep breaths, trying not to overreact.

He opened his eyes, turning to look at Will, only to roll his eyes at his concerned expression.

"What?"

Will's eyebrows furrowed slightly for a minute, his mouth opening and closing once before actually speaking.

"Are you okay? I thought we were friends."

Nico bit his lip, refusing to let the guilt wash over him.

"Yeah," he sighed. "I'm alright. Just forgot it was you for a second."

They both knew he was lying, but for some reason, Will let it slide.

Will smiled, Nico's nails digging into his palms as he did so.

Nico turned to look at the Poseidon table, spotting the majority of the seven and a select few others watching them, turning away when they saw him looking.

"Why don't you come and sit with us?"

Nico thought he sounded rude. He chose to ignore it when Will nodded, both of them heading over to where their friends were sat.

"Hey Nico, found yourself a boyfriend already? Wow. You work fast, don't you?"

Nico dug his nails a little harder into his palms, feeling a small trickle of blood run down his right hand.

He refused to look at them, knowing if he did people would see.

The kid was lucky he was so close to Hazel. If he wasn't, then Nico would finally be able to make his thoughts a reality.

There were two seats left at the table. One between Jason and Hazel, and one between Annabeth and Leo.

Nico took the seat between Jason and Hazel, throwing Will a smug look.

What none of them noticed was the satyr stood in the corner, a frown on his face.

With a sigh did he turn around, making his way to the Poseidon cabin, his heart full of guilt.

He knew of Percy's feelings.

He knew Percy would want the two of them to be happy.

He'd suffer in silence in order to let the love bloom.

So that's what Grover did.