Chapter 71-

AN- Wow, I haven't been on Wattpad for quite some time, but it is so nice to see all the love this book is still receiving! I have found this chapter that it seems I never released, I must've written it last year which is crazy! It amazes me that I started writing this book when I was 15, and now I am 20 and in university... and this book has been with me the whole journey to getting here! My writing has definitely improved from when I first started, and it is great to read back from the start and see that. I'm unsure if this story will continue, unfortunately all good things must eventually come to an end. If I find a lot of people read this chapter, perhaps I will think about writing more. But I fear this may be the end, a lot of my older readers have probably moved on from Wattpad now. Anyway, I will leave you with this chapter, I hope you enjoy! Feel free to leave me a comment! :) All the best, Jade x

~

Daniel hadn't made it to the stage of attaching a new wire to my braces, so Sam didn't need to touch my mouth again just yet. He did however, make me show him my teeth, to ensure Daniel hadn't brushed hard enough to cause any damage- or at least enough to inflame my gums or make them bleed. Thankfully, Sam was satisfied that my teeth looked in normal condition, and my braces were unharmed.
The next applicant wasn't due to arrive for another hour after Daniel left, so Sam and Adam occupied themselves by filling out paperwork and updating patient treatment plans... all that fun stuff that comes with being a dentist. I sat in Sam's office with him, watching Your Lie In April on my phone until it was time to get back to business. Half way through an episode, there was a knock at Sam's office door, followed by Adam poking his head round the corner.

"Sam, the next applicant is here" he announced, breaking Sam from his concentrated typing. "They're waiting in your exam room."

Sam closed the lid of his laptop and the brightness from the screen condensed into nothingness.
"Thank you Adam" he smiled, standing up from his desk and straightening out his bow tie. "Alright Billy, are you ready?" he asked, smiling at me gently.

I silently gulped, then stood up and began to follow Sam out of the doorway.

"Sam" I called out, before we exited his office.

He turned around to look at me curiously.
"Yes Billy?"

"If this next person isn't being gentle, can you please stop them faster this time?" I asked softly, tears beginning to form in the bottom of my eyes through the nerves of potentially being put through pain again.

Sam looked down at me, and I could see the sorrow in his eyes. I could see that he noticed I was now on edge. He placed his hands on the corners of my shoulders and smiled a crooked smile.
"I promise I will. I'm going to be keeping an extremely close eye on their every single move. A single little mess up, and they'll be gone. I want absolute perfection, so I can assure you that you will not be sitting in pain Billy, okay?"

I blinked rapidly a few times to break the wall of tears, then thanked Sam. I followed him out to the waiting room where I took a seat just like before, and waited all alone. I pulled out my phone and continued the episode that I was formerly watching, hoping it'd distract me from the nerves that I was currently facing.
After about ten minutes of waiting and watching, I heard the click of a door handle, and I involuntarily gulped, louder this time. I reluctantly swivelled my gaze to look at the doorway, to see who would be torturing me this time around. Yet, to my surprise, it didn't look like a torturer at all. Out walked a friendly looking lady, with bright red locks tied into two little pigtails. She looked young, no older than twenty-five, yet it was easy to tell she was mature. Even from a far distance, the many freckles covering her nose and cheeks couldn't be missed, for the tiny powdered dots were incongruous and daringly vivid, to a point where I just wanted to stare at them for hours and see what shapes I could form by joining them up. The endless constellations I could make sent my brain spiralling into a flood of creative notions. The lady's eyelashes were long and alluring. They fluttered as she blinked, like butterflies taking off from a flower. I took all this in within half a second, before she had even left the doorway to walk towards me.
I was thankful when she headed towards me, smiling warmly with a crystal clear smile, with teeth that Sam would go wacko for if any of his patients owned them. I bet he'd already considered offering her a free checkup, just so he could get a closer look at the majestic white diamonds.
When she got within two metres of me, she stopped walking and looked at me invitingly. I inconspicuously shook my head to escape my crazed daze then looked back at her, smiling politely.