Chapter 50-

Fifteen minutes passed. I hadn't heard anything from outside the bathroom and inside the bathroom all I could hear were my own constant sniffles and my tears occasionally hitting the floor. The amount of times Sam had made me cry was getting beyond ridiculous now. Everytime, I thought he'd learn that the way he handles things isn't the way I like it, but no. He doesn't learn.

Another five minutes passed, and a knock on the bathroom door occured. I decided to ignore the knocks, but they wouldn't stop.

"What?!" I shouted.

"Billy, have you calmed down? Please open the door" I heard Sam say. "I'm sorry okay, I shouldn't of gotten angry like that. It was a bad mistake."

"You're not sorry though" I shouted again, still very upset.

"Believe me Billy, I am." He did sound rather sincere.
Whether Sam was truly sorry or not, I couldn't completely tel, but I figured I couldn't sit in the bathroom for the rest of eternity, so I took a few deep breaths in and out, then slowly unlocked the door. When I opened it, I was faced with Sam staring at me blankly with his hands in his pockets, like an immature little school boy.

"Hello" he smiled gently, looking pretty awkward.

"Hi" I replied passive-aggressively.

"You alright?" he spoke again, still looking awkward.

"Not really, but I guess I'll get over it" I sighed. "You've still gotta fix my cavity so we might as well just hurry up" I bleated, then walked past Sam, who ever so slowly followed after me.
I briefly entered the waiting room to see Adam sitting at the reception desk, distracted by his phone- he didn't notice me. I then proceeded to enter Sam's examination room and within a few seconds he waddled in after me, closing the door behind him.
Without having to be told, I took a seat in the chair and attempted to make myself as comfortable as I could be.

"What are you even going to do?" I casually asked Sam, who was over in the corner.

"Well... maybe I'll just do it and you won't have to know" he awkwardly replied.

"No Sam. Just tell me" I instructed.

"If you insist. To start off with I'll simply numb you up, then drill your tooth, then fill it" Sam informed me, leaning against the counter with his arms folded.

"Numb me? With a... a...a... a needle?!" I stuttered in worry.

"Errrmmm... yeah" Sam replied, quickly walking over to me and bending down to be level with me. "But remember you had it before, it wasn't that bad, was it?" he added, softly rubbing my shoulder.

"Screw that!" I boomed before attempting to jump out of the chair, but Sam gently held me down.

"Hey, let me go!" I whined, still trying to get out of the chair.

"Try and chill out, alright buddy? Tell me, what are you worried about?" Sam asked in his comforting voice.

I stopped struggling and relaxed my body slightly. "The pain, I don't want it to hurt" I admitted.

"A small pinch is all it is" Sam replied, in the same comforting voice.

"And the bad thing about you being my dentist, is that there's nobody to hold my hand when I'm scared" I said, my eyes slightly welling up.

"Do you want Adam to come hold your hand?" Sam asked, looking ready to go fetch Adam.

"No" I sighed. "It's not the same, Sam. I want you to hold my hand!"

"Me?" he questioned in a shocked tone.
I nodded my head.
"There is a way we could sort that" Sam began. "If Adam comes and does the needle, then I can hold your hand. What do you say?"