Chapter 52-

Throughout the car journey, Sam praised me up, mentioning how well I'd done and how he was extremely proud of me, which definitely put a smile on my face!

We arrived at Sam's office and headed into the waiting room straight away. We were greeted by Jasmine who was looking very happy, as per usual!

"Hey guys" she said with a smile, waving at us from behind her desk.

"Hiya Jasmine" Sam said back, also with a smile. "Billy has an appointment with Adam, so I'm going to go in with him. Do you mind doing my patient's checkup?"

"No problem Sam, I'd be more than happy to do so" Jasmine replied in an enthusiastic tone.

"Thanks ever so much, Jasmine" Sam said. "If you find any problems just book them another appointment and I'll deal with it."

"Okay" she replied. Jasmine then looked over at me and smiled graciously. "No more stitches Billy? You're looking great!"

I felt myself turn pinkish in the face and my body start to tingle with embarrassment. I gave her an awkward smile and thanked her for the compliment.

Sam and Jasmine must've noticed this as I noticed them both giggle to each other.

"Come on Billy" Sam laughed, "let's go take a seat." He rubbed his hand on my back and led me over to one of the seats in the waiting room.

"What's Adam actually going to do?" I asked Sam nervously, after we'd both taken a seat.

"Just an examination" Sam replied. "He'll probably just have a look at your teeth and see what he needs to do to straighten them. Maybe some other things too, but there's absolutely nothing to worry about. Remember, orthodontics is very different to normal dentistry, Adam won't be looking for cavities and stuff like I usually do; that's not his concern."

I took a moment to ponder what exactly braces were like when I last had them. I remembered the terrible pain they caused me once I'd first gotten them and after they'd been tightened. My thoughts made me want to run away from the dentist and never return, but I knew that wasn't an option. Sam was going to force me to get braces again one day, so it was best to just start getting them over and done with.

"Why did you never do an examination before my braces?" I asked inquisitively.

"All dentists work in different ways" Sam began, "personally, I didn't think it was necessary to do an examination before your braces, but Adam obviously believes differently which is fair enough. The dude's got to do what he's got to do!" Sam laughed.

I laughed slightly too at what Sam classified as 'funny', not wanting to show Sam how nervous I deeply was inside. After about three minutes, Adam came around the corner and greeted the two of us with a big smile.

"Hey Billy!" he said, grinning at me warmly, "are you ready to come through?"

I took a big gulp, then stood up from my seat and stared at Sam. He smirked at me, then stood up and wrapped his arm around me.

"Billy would like me to come through with him, that's okay right, Adam?" Sam asked.

"No problem at all" Adam replied, still smiling happily.

We both followed Adam through to his examination room and closed the door once we were all inside. Knowing the usual procedure, I immediately took a seat in the chair, not wanting to dawdle, but to just hurry up and get this over with. Sam took a seat on the waiting chair in the corner of the room and just casually started playing on his phone, which I wasn't particularly too bothered about- it'd spare me some embarrassment.