Chapter 64-

When we reached Adam's house, I followed Adam through the front door and immediately took off my shoes, not knowing his rule of shoes. Sam always demanded I took my shoes off straight away at home, but I knew a lot of people weren't fussed. Adam took his shoes off too, so I assumed I'd done the right thing.

"Make yourself at home Billy" Adam smiled.

I'd been to Adam's house once before. I'd received bad news that day. I tried to block that from my head.

Adam gave me a guided tour of his house. It was rather large considering he was the only one who lived there. Yet, it wasn't as big as Sam's house. His living room had an extremely comfy, black leather sofas that reclined at the pull of a lever. His kitchen and dining room were connected, and he had a tiny circular wooden table where we could eat our dinner. Whilst in the kitchen, he gave me the pain medication that I had requested. Adam had a downstairs and an upstairs bathroom, both including a shower, toilet and sink. He told me he rarely used the downstairs bathroom since all of his belongings were upstairs. Therefore he told me I could have the downstairs bathroom all to myself and that he wouldn't go in there at all. I liked the privacy of that. Adam quickly showed me his office, which contained a desk and computer, two very tall bookshelves stacked with books of all colours and sizes, and a huge beanbag in the corner of the room, which Adam referred to as his 'reading corner'. He also showed me his bedroom, which was very plain with just a simple double bed and wardrobe. His bedroom was the only room that wasn't so tidy. Clothes were scattered all over the place, so he didn't show me that room for too long. He had his blue scrubs hanging up on a coat hanger on his wardrobe, obviously an important item of clothing for him. Lastly, Adam showed me the guest bedroom where I would be sleeping for the next three nights. Adam informed me that he never had any guests stay round, so this room was always completely empty. He had placed a single person inflatable bed on the floor, covered with the duvet cover from my bed at home.

"Sam brought round your duvet so you would feel more at home" Adam explained, smiling softly. "And also because I didn't have a spare one" he laughed quietly. "Feel free to make this room your own during your stay. It's your own space, so if you need some time to yourself you can come here and I won't pester you. I won't even set foot in this room until after you've left. I won't feel offended if you don't want to talk to me or sit with me all the time whilst you're here. Even I just want time to myself sometimes... well a lot of the time actually."

I was so glad that Adam understood sometimes I just needed time to myself. Sam sometimes forgot this, and deemed me as rude for staying alone in my bedroom for long amounts of time every now and then.

"I brought your bag upstairs earlier today when Sam dropped it round" Adam told me. "Anyway, you get yourself settled in and I'll start on dinner. Sam told me you're still struggling to eat, so I thought cheese pasta might be a good shout, does that sound okay?"

"Yes Adam, thank you" I said, smiling at him. I love cheese, and I love pasta. It's the perfect combination.

"Good good" he smiled warmly. "Feel free to do whatever you like Billy. You can switch the TV on if you like."

"Thanks" I said again. Adam smiled once more, then headed down the corridor and walked down the stairs.
I decided the first thing I would do was change out of my school uniform and put on some more comfy attire. I slipped into my black Adidas jogging pants, and pulled on a burgundy hoodie.

I decided to empty my bag and neatly lay out all my clothes on the floor for easy access. There was a plug socket situated right next to my 'bed', so I sat down on the mattress with my phone on charge and played some games on there for a while. About an hour later, there was a gentle knock at the door. I unplugged my phone, popped it into my pocket and opened the door.