Chapter 40 Behind The Bandage

Start from the beginning

My head turns towards Lloyd, was focused on something else. His side profile, that jawline.

"Told ya'."

My shoulders jumped as I turned towards Kai. I knew I was all red when Kai's face grew a smirk. Looking back at my plate.

"I am! For this staff!"

Peering up at Chen I saw his staff caring the staff to him. The same staff that stole Karlof's powers. The one he used on Zane too.

Biting my inner lip, "The winner of this tournament wins the staff!"

Standing up pushing my chair back, "You are lying! What about the spell?!" I shout slamming my hands down on the table.

"Spell? What spell?" questions Clouse raising his eyebrows.

"Neuro read your mind! He saw it!" Lloyd chimes in.

Everyone turns toward Neuro, looking at him with pleading eyes. With him agreeing with us, everyone would be on our side.

"I... I don't know what you are talking about. I'm more interested in this stuff," he points to the staff well keeping his hand close to his chest.

I felt betrayed. I thought I could actually trust him, but for him to do this. 'I... I can't...'

Sitting down in my chair I hung my head low. I made such a scene and nothing happened. I looked to be more of the bad guy than a good guy. I'm trying to protect the other elemental masters, but I can't.

"Nya?"

My eyes saw a Kabuki standing right beside Jay, she looked like Nya. "I'm on a mission with Darreth."

"What up ninja."

"And a little out of my comfort zone."

"If you can, try to get to Clouse's spellbook. There is a spell on page 149," Kai asks his sister.

"I will try, and it sounds like you have a spy in your group."

"What?"

"How else would have Chen found out you knew about the staff?"

"Thank you, Nya."

Nya walks off, acting as if she were a Kabuki. She blended right in as if you didn't know she was if you weren't her friend.

'A spy? Who could it be? Not one of us ninja. But who? We can't trust anyone here expect our friends. Maybe Neuro? But he seems I'm he's in it for himself, or doesn't care if he wins? What about Skylor? She's always been weird since I've met her.'

"Hey, did you know that Kabuki?"

The voice Skylar spoke beside me, between Kai and me. "What? No, no, no. Why? Jealous?"

"I got this in my fortune cookie, it seems to be for you. Says your friend Cole and Zane are breaking out," she handed him a red fortune cookie paper.

"Thank you, Skylor. At least there are some people here we can trust!"

'Maybe I should be nice to her. After all, she could have given it to Chen easily and get her an advantage in the fights.'