Chapter 36 Ice and Nicknames

Your POV

Walking down the corridor as Cole kept teasing Kai about Skylor, his crush. Turns out, her elemental power is fire like Kai's. Meaning, Skylor is Kai's sister. Which is a no, but they look nothing alike. They have the same eye color but Kai's is more of dark chocolate and hers is a dirt brown. Not the same.

"Can we focus on what's ahead?" I ask glancing at Cole.

"Oh, come on! You aren't going to laugh at Kai for 'crush'," he says putting air quotes around 'crush'.

"I will. Tomorrow when we are heading home with Zane," I state walking ahead of the earth ninja.

Zane is only arm reach away, and we are focusing on Kai's little crush. Our friend was alive. We need to focus on that. Zane is alive.

Though, I could be thinking about Lloyd... and his wink.

'Why in the world would do that? To get back at me for winking? Or just to mess with my head? Cause it is surely working on-'

"Watch out!"

Stopping in my tracks, I look to my right seeing Lloyd. His arm reaching out in front of me. Just grazing my body.

"Booby traps," he states wrapping his hand around the booby traps.

"Oo! So cool!" Jay cheers earning a mad glare from Lloyd. "I mean, so not cool. Because, you know, they are dangerous."

"Do you hear that?"

I close my eyes trying to listen to the sound that, a quiet chanting coming from down the hall. Kai was right, he did hear something.

We all step around the booby trap and continue down the hall. My e/c eyes turn towards Lloyd, who now walking beside me. All I could see his is face winking at me.

'"Well, I already got you in my arms. Might as well," he smiles giving a wink.'

"You alright, Y/n? You seem to be spacing out."

I shake my head looking back up at Lloyd, "I'm good. Just tired." I lied.

I'm nowhere near tired. With Lloyd's wink, I could stay up for days thinking about it. I look around the hall as he began to talk. "It is getting late. You do need sleep to-"

Dragging Lloyd behind the rock with all the other colorful ninja. Since the pretty blonde boy wasn't paying attention to the people walking by us. We could have gotten caught and I can't let that happen so close.

"What-"

Pressing my finger against his lips, that was surprisingly soft. I point to the people walking by. The first group was gone, but there was a second group of five.

"Are you joking? You think I'm going to wear that?" I say pointing to the outfit in Kai's that we stole from the people.

"Why? You think it smells?" asks Kai staring down at me.

I sigh placing both my hands over my chest, "I suffer from a condition!"

I watch as Kai's hands slap my arms down, dropping my hands from my chest. "Bad. You are still young. And wear them."

I roll my eyes taking the outfit from his hands and slipping it on, "And you are old."

I could feel Kai's eyes staring holes through my back for that comment. Snapping the buckles together, I turn back towards the colorful ninja, who was now getting chocolate on their faces.

Stepping closer to them, I reach my hands in grabbing some of the warm chocolate. The chocolate stuck to my finger but didn't dry up fast at all.

"Y/n? Can you do mine and I'll do yours?" the soft Jay asks me.