Chapter 40 Behind The Bandage

Your POV

Sitting between Kai and Garmadon, my eyes watched as the food was placed on the table. A u-shaped table the remaining elemental master sat at, facing Chen as he began to eat.

I wasn't interested in eating, especially the food that was being put out. One looks like bees but sticky, not tasty at all. I rather starve than eat this stuff specially chosen by Chen.

I still haven't talked to him since the evening of Cole and Jay's fight. I don't wish to talk to him ever again, but I must.

I still have no idea how he knows about the Serpentine Blood. Did he stalk me or something and I didn't know? Maybe when I went to his restaurant I talked about it? But I've been there only a few times, mostly for taking out. The others were-

'you aren't alone. The serpent runs deep in your blood.'

The fortune cookie from when I was with Kai that night. They must have been stalking me way before this. But how? During that time I stayed in my room for days on end.

I glance my eyes up at Chen, how was picking some food off a tray. I would run up and kick that tray in his face if I could.

"Y/n?"

My eyes turn to Garmadon, "Yes?"

"How is your arm? Lloyd said it didn't look good earlier, he was all worried," he asks picking on his son.

"Dad..."

"I am fine now. Just scraped it during the roller skate thing, it's what I get for not knowing how to roller skate," I reassure him as I picked up my glass, taking a sip.

I should talk to Garmadon about Chen's history. He did train under him after all.

'Maybe after I can. But if I ask any questions, he'll probably tell Lloyd. And I don't want Lloyd to know now.'

"Congratulations on the win Shadow," comments Chen.

"Y/n, why don't you try out the food? I'm guessing you are pretty hungry," he asks.

"No, I'm not hungry."

"Too bad! The food is really good!"

I roll my eyes sipping my drinking, looking away from Chen. I didn't want to deal with him today, or at all. I just want to find Zane and Cole then get out of here.

Looking over at Kai, who was giving side-eyes at Skylor. Hitting his arm, he turns towards me. "What was that for?" he whispers leaning towards me.

"If you keep looking at her, she will think your creepy," I state, staring up at him.

"Then quit flirting with Lloyd."

"I- I am not. I... I just talk to him!" I stutter out, taken back by what he said.

"You two flirt constantly! You have held his hand before too!" he shouts in a whisper tone.

"I-" he wasn't wrong. But I do not flirt, maybe I do. But Lloyd does too.

'Wait. Did I just say Lloyd flirts with me?'