Chapter 16 To The Ground Of City We Go

Your POV

I sat down on the bench outside the academy. It was behind academy so no one could see me, mainly the kids here. A few of my friends, the ninja, pop out to see if kids are back here or to take out the trash. Which I usually have to get to the roof to avoid them.

Ever sense Misako stopped by the academy and dropped off the books I wanted. I couldn't stop reading them. They were mostly about there Serpentine and the history of them, then I asked for a book about the Masters of Spinjitzu.

I haven't got to that one yet. I have a few more books about the Serpentine to go.

'The Ancondrai are known for the ruthlessness, powerful, and battle skills. The one small most people don't know about is the Generals were able to bite their victims.'

"What!?" I jump from the bench to my feet. 'That does make sense now on how I have Ancondrai blood..' I thought looking at my arm.

'General Krip was known for being the ruffles of all of the Generals. Always biting into his victims whenever he had the chance. One time he bit a woman that suffered the most pain out of all his victims.'

"Mom..." I mumbled softly.

"Hey!"

"Gah!"

The book fumbled in my hands before I look up at the culprit of who bother me during my reading.

His brown spike hedgehog-like was so familiar I quickly knew. "What was that for Kai!"

"Still at the books aye?" His eyes dart to my pile of books sitting on the end of the bench.

"I did plan on getting them done today, but with this distraction talking then no," I slipped the bookmark from the old page to the new one and closed the book. Placing it on the bench with the others.

"And not eat? Come on. Zane made second lunch for us," Kai picks up the books. "And I'll help you with these too."

I reached for the book on the top, the one I was reading, "I missed first lunch?"

"Yeah, we couldn't find you. So we thought you were in your room that had the door shut," he explains as he pushed open the door with his foot letting me through.

I step ahead of him and into the academy, getting hit with the smells of freshly cooked food. My stomach growled realizing how hungry I actually was.

"Second lunch was a good idea, Zane!" Kai calls out down the hall.

Zane pops out of the kitchen into the hall, "I know. With Y/n missing lunch and now Jay is saying he is hungry."

"I am!" calls Jay from the table.

"Second lunch will be ready in five minutes," addressed Zane then walking off to the kitchen.

"See? You won't be eating alone," Kai smiles down at me before going to the table.

I followed behind to see Jay, Cole, and Nya bickering at each other. More like Jay and Cole with Nya trying to calm the ninja down.

"Y/n," an old voice spoke up loud before I was hit with something hallow.

"Ow..." I rub the spot on my head, where I was hit, before looking up. Seeing old man Wu and his wise beard starring me down.

"Where were you at the time of lunch?" his demanding voice was scary. His white eyebrows arched down made it worse.

"I... I was reading..." I confessed the truth.

"Are you lying?" he questions me.

"No. Why?" I threw a question from me in there to throw everything off.