Barnabas Collins #2

Requested by BayBay08 -  The reader goes on a date with a boy and Barnabas is worried about her. Later on in her date, she finds herself in a dangerous situation and Barnabas comes to save her. When he Confort her, he confesses his love to her.
*no smut*
———————————————————————————
-Y/N POV
'I hope this goes well' I thought to myself as I look at myself in the big mirror I had in my room.
I was wearing a beautiful short cocktail black dress that has a nice lace around my cleavage and didn't show too much.
I was wearing my high boots and my light brow coat.
I was going on a date with a guy called Steven but he goes by Steve. He's cute and the first guy in a long time to ask me out.
I met Steve at a local library when I bought some more books for Barnabas because he managed to somehow read all of them which is almost impossible.
I heard the doorbell ring and ran full speed toward the front door so non of the family members would come and ask questions.
I managed to get to the door before anyone and yelled a 'bye!' And out of now where Barnabas came out and it wasn't a real problem because it was night time, around 9:00PM and it was dark outside.
"Where are you going Y/N? And who might you be?" He asked.
I noticed that Barnabas was wearing some more modern day clothes and his new hair cut suits him more than normally. I did have a crush on him but he would never think of me as more than the house maid so I'm trying out someone new.
"I'm going out..... on a date" I explained and he almost seemed upset but it was quickly washed away and he plastered an emotionless expression on his face.
"I'm Steven, nice to meet you Mr. Collins" he said holding his hand out for Barnabas to shake but he didn't bother to so Steve brought his hand back beside him.
"When will you be back?" He asked looking at me with a slight frown.
"My guess around 11:30-12:00 maybe" I said looking up at Steve and he nodded with an adorable smile.
"Enjoy your time out" he said and walked back inside without saying another word.
Steve grabbed my hand and chuckled before starting to walk fast making me run behind him.
*a slight time skip to after eating*
Steve and I finished our dinner and we were out in a park just walking around holding hands and enjoying each other's company.
We stopped at a railings in front of the large sea and just looked out.
"You're beautiful" he said and pushed a strand of hair behind my ear.
My already red cheek blushed a little more and he must have noticed because he came down to my level and kissed me, but I wasn't ready for that so I pulled away fast.
"I'm sorry, I just don't normally kiss people on first dates" I explain and he looks angry out to the sea.
"Why'd your have to ruin it?" He asks as he slams his fist on the railings.
"I'm sorry, you're a little drunk I believe this isn't your natural reaction Steve" I said placing my hand on his arm and he suddenly pulled away, slightly shocking me with the action.
"Don't be a bitch about it though, you could've just continued and not pulled away like the little bitch you are" he said and I was taken aback.
'The alcohol must be hitting him' I thought.
"I'm sorry but you're really drunk, let me drive you home" I say trying calmly to grab him hand but instead I'm met with a hard push to the ground.
I looked to my forearms and there was a cut. I looked up at him and he quickly grabbed me by my hair and pulled me up again. I yelled from the sharp pain from my scalp but he put his hand on my mouth to shut me up.
He pushed me into the back ally and started kissing my neck and touching me in places that I didn't feel comfortable.
"Steve stop...... Steve please stop" I cry out but he doesn't do it.
Then all of a sudden he was ripped of off me. I didn't see anything until my eyes actually got the time to adjust to the lighting in the ally and I saw Barnabas about to bit an unconscious Steve.
"Barnabas stop, please" I begged and he quickly turned around and saw me falling to the floor from being so scared.
He ran toward me using his vampire speed and picked me up bridal style and ran back to the mansion. It only took a minute until we got to the mansion and he quickly ran upstairs to my room and placing me on my bed.
"Are you alright?" He asks me holding my hands while I sit against the headboards.
I just couldn't stop the tears for that moment. He just grabbed me and hugged me until I calmed down. He drew circles with his long fingernails on my back and placed his head on top of mine.
After about 10 minutes I pulled away and wiped my face. I looked up at him and he had an emotion that I just couldn't recognize.
He looked at my cut arm and quickly ran and came back with a bandages and some wipes to clean my makeup stained face.
"Love, I hope you know that if it wasn't for you I would have killed him on the spot, and when I heard you cry out I just...... I just couldn't stand there knowing that he was going to hurt you. You're just so beautiful and amazing in so many ways and I will never allow anyone to hurt you again because I love you....." he stops and blushes and I do as well.
"You, you love me?" I asked in disbelief.
His pale skin is now a dark shade of red with the realization of what he just said hitting him.
He just stayed quiet and I placed my arms around his neck and kissed him. He tensed up at the beginning but quickly melted into it.
"Yeah, I do, I love you and I have since I met you" he said pulling away.
"I've had a crush on you for a while now" I said and got back and leaned on my hands.
"You should have told me!" I said a little more loudly hitting his arm and he acts out as if it actually hurt him.
"Well then, now that you do know, would you be mine? I mean, I'll treat you right, I promise" he says, begging and grabbing both of my hands.
I only brought my hands up and around his neck again and kissed him, this time for a little longer.
"I think I'd like that" I said pulling away and looking up at him with a smile, forgetting all about the awful date that happened maybe 20 minutes ago.
"Can I go kill that guy now?" He asks looking down at me and I slightly laugh.
"No, you may not, he might be a terrible person but he's still a human being and you've had you're meal tonight" I said pulling away and going to the chair next to my writing desk to place my coat on it.
The only thing I could hear was Barnabas's groans in the background.
"Also we're you spying me?"
"No" he said blushing again.
'Gosh, he's going to be a handful'
———————————————————————————
1305 words
Thank you for reading and plz vote✌️❤️❤️
Plz comment on whatever character you would like!