Chapter 20

I woke up with a major headache as I heard a machine going beep, beep. I opened my eyes to only be blinded by bright ass lights; I groaned in pain from the light and the pain in my stomach. Once my eyes adjusted I looked to see everyone here sleeping peacefully except Peyton. He had just walked in to the room to see me trying to sit "don't move dumbass," Peyton said walking over making me lay back down.
        I groaned Peyton then took a remote pushing a button that slowly lifted me to a sit up position. "How do you feel," he asked me in a whisper as my head pounded "like shit I cursed. Peyton chuckled "that's what happens when you get shot," Peyton told me, I smiled lightly as he woke everyone. "Julieta," Danielle, Chloe, Becca, and Alison said as they hurried to my side "how do you feel," they asked me. "Like I should have planned to get shot," I told them honestly "where's Alec," I asked "behind bars," Cyrus told me he then yawned as he stretched.
Joey came over to me tears coming up in his eyes making them glossy "don't cry JP," I told him. "You almost died Julieta," he yelled at me "damn not so loud huh," I asked "sorry," he apologized. "We were all so scared for you, Julieta," Saber told me, I chuckled "I told you. I'd see you to morrow," I told them. "Took you three days to wake up," Zoey pointed out to me, I chuckled "oops," I said it hurt to laugh but I didn't want them to worry. "Your fucking bad ass," Dylan said earning him slaps on the back of the head "damn now I have a headache," Dylan said rubbing his head.
"No what you need is a fucking brain," Will told Dylan "harsh," Dylan said with a dramatic sigh. I chuckled but noticed someone was a missing "where's Derek," I asked them, they all looked at each other worried. "He went to the cafeteria," Lane said "he wanted to talk to you privately when you woke up," Peyton told me. "Well go get him," I told them they all then left except Miss. Ganzlie "be opened minded with him," she told me then left. I was so confused; what is happening?
A few minutes later Derek walked into my room looking like he hasn't slept in days and looked troubled. When he saw me awake he just stared after he closed the door "wha," before I could finish. He was kneeled down beside me crying as he held my hand "I am so sorry," Derek apologized over and over again. I finally understand and ran my fingers through his hair turning slightly causing pain in my stomach. "I forgive you, Derek," he stopped talking after that but still cried for a while. When he calmed down he backed away sitting in the chair that Joey had sat in beside my bed.
        "I.. I want to thank you for helping my family," Derek told me "my dad got rid of that bitch mistress. He and my mom are also going to go to counseling," Derek told me as he sniffed. I smiled sadly yet kindly at him "that's great," I said "my dad told me. It was so different hearing it from someone he didn't know. Then someone he did," Derek told me "sometimes that's all it takes," I told him. "But I won't you to know something Julieta," Derek told me, I hummed in response "I will win your heart," I was shocked I was even more shocked when Derek kissed my lips.
        "Derek, you done," Derek pulled back when he heard Cyrus's voice he looked to see Cyrus and Peyton. Both looking pissed "what the hell man," Peyton shouted "guys," I said not wanting them to fight. "You jackass," said Cyrus seething with anger as they got into each other's faces. They then began to argue over me "guys," I said getting out of the bed after I took the heart monitor things off. But I kept the IV in knowing it be a bad idea to take that out myself. "Guys," I said trying to break them up "Julieta," I hear Joey say coming into the room.
        Lane, Will, Dylan, and Saber came in after Joey trying to break the guys up "lay down," Joey told me. Once I was laying back down he went to help as Danielle, Chloe, Alison, and Becca entered with Miss. Ganzlie and Williamina begins them. They stood by my bed "damn girl," said Danielle "you got boys fighting for you," "this isn't ok," I tell them, they nodded their heads. "Hey!" Chloe shouted they looked to her "cut it out. Your making her heart rate go up. Any higher and the nurse will come in and sedate her," Chloe told them. They all stopped but glared at each at the others let go of them.
        "So," I said "what did I miss," I asked the girls smirked at me knowing how uncomfortable this was. Could you blame though?