Chapter 2

Joey pulled up to the apartment complex he lived in we both got out but before Joey could grab my duffle bag. I grabbed it slinging it over my shoulder Joey presses his lips together as he got the idea that I don't like people touching my stuff. I followed Joey towards the apartment complex then following him into the elevator. He pressed he button for the third floor and we stood in the elevator with a kind woman that knew Joey. "Oh how have you been Joey," she asked him "I have been perfectly fine Miss. Ganzlie. How are you doing," he asked her "oh just fine," she said with a smile.
      She looked to me with a smile "I love your scar," she told me, I gave her a small thin smile with a nod "thanks," I replied. "I am Miss. Ganzlie," she told me "Julieta Jasper," I told her "oh your Joey's sister," she said brightly. "Yes ma'am," I said nodding my head "you will have to come by one day when my grandson is over. He goes to the same school as you," she told me "I will make sure to stop by one day," I said being friendly to her. The bell to the elevator dinged and the three of us got out "he is quiet the handful but a sweet boy," Miss. Ganzlie told me "if he is as sweet as you then I might have to date him," I joked.
       Miss. Ganzlie laughed "you are every sweet," Miss. Ganzlie told me  "bye now," she called as she entered her apartment. Joey and I kept walking down the hall "thank you for being kind to her," Joey said "don't thank me. She never did anything wrong to deserve me to act rude to her," I said coldly towards my brother. Joey and I were quiet for the rest of the walk to his apartment Joey unlocked the apartment letting me enter first.
        The place was pretty bare the walls have a few photos hung up but they were of Joey and some other people. He had a three seater couch with a coffee table then a little case holder for movies and games. But hung up above that is the flat screen tv that was an ok size for the apartment. There was a circle table with four chairs pushed in around it and the kitchen only had a toaster out. "This way," Joey told me, we then went down a small hall way with three doors. "This is my room," Joey told me "and this is yours," he said as he opened the door for me.
        Inside was a good size room there is a queen size bed that is pushed up against the wall by the window. With a dresser a few feet away with a door to the closet, and the covers on the bed are maroon. "I wasn't sure about what you liked anymore. But I remember your favorite color being maroon," Joey told me as I walked in placing my bag on the bed "if you want we could go get a few other things to decorate your room with," Joey told me. "No thanks," I said my room being plain was fine to me "ok. But I am sure you will need more clothes," I just nodded my head "we can go this coming weekend when I am off," Joey told me. "Whatever works," I muttered but I knew he could here me "alright I'll order a pizza. You ok with pepperoni," he asked me. "Yeah," I said never looking at him just out the window "ok," once I heard the door close I sighed.
        I unzip my duffle bag pulling out the my clothes I had enough clothes to last eight days. Which was ok for someone in a Foster Care a lot of us don't really get many things to take with ourselves. I hung up my shirts and put my underwear, bras, and socks in one draw then put my pajamas in another. Then I put my jeans in a drawer all to itself and my shorts in it's own drawer. I went back over to my bag pulling out the last two things in it Mr. Benny and a photo I have secretly kept of my family. When my mother was happy and Dad was alive I ran my fingers over my dad's small face.
        I sighed "till it be morrow," I said then placed the picture frame up on top of dresser. There was a knock on the door and I went over opening it "oh here. It's an alarm clock so you can wake up to school," Joey told me "just until we get you a phone," Joey told me. I nodded my head saying a quick thanks then taking it as Joey told me the time form his watch. I set my alarm it only being behind twenty seconds and placed it on my dresser too.
        There was a knock I heard then Joey talking to someone I listened "here you go," Joey said "have a great day sir," I heard the female voice say then the door close. I walk out to see Joey holding a pizza box "foods here," Joey said showing me the box. I nodded my head Joey walked to the kitchen as I came out the small hallway. As I went over to the kitchen Joey grabbed paper plates out placing them on the counter top. "Do you want anything to drink. I obviously got water but I also have juice, tea, and soda," Joey told me "what kind of soda," I asked "Coke, Dr. Pepper, and Orange Fanta," Joey told me "Coke please," I responded.
Silvia the lady who ran the Girls Home understood if we are angry with someone, but she also punished us if we didn't use our manners. So I am not exactly being nice to him due to cold tone towards him, but Silvia taught me better. "Here you go," Joey said handing me the soda "thank you," I muttered then get two slices of the large pizza. I go over the small table sitting down and so does Joey, we are both very quiet the entire time. I finish quickly then throw my plate away with my soda bottle in hand. I got to head back to my room but Joey stops me by speaking up.
"I have to work tomorrow but you don't start till Tuesday. If you want I can leave some cash and you can go shopping yourself," Joey offered "whatever works for you is fine," I replied then left to my room. I closed my door going to my bed and falling on it with my stomach. The bed was soft and clearly new, everything was honestly though. I decided I should shower and change into pajamas I got up grabbing my pajamas then going to the bathroom. I guess which was one is the bathroom since there are only three doors down here.
As I am about to close the bathroom door Joey comes walking this way "oh Julieta," Joey said. I looked up to him "I am going to go out and go ahead and get you your phone. So if need anything you can call me," Joey told me, I just nodded my head. Then shut the bathroom door I heard Joey sigh probably in frustration I sighed too. I just want him to apologize that's all I want.
I look to myself in the mirror I have mid back black raven hair with pastel blue highlights close set grey eyes. Natural tan skin with that scar on my right cheek, I have bow shaped lips with a snub nose. I have a few piercings three in one my right ear and five in my left ear, but I also have my nose pierced as well. I took a deep breath locking the door like I naturally do then stripping from my clothes. I turn the water to steaming hot and get in I let the water beads drum against my back. But my fingers went up to my face as I traced the scar.

5 years ago
"Julieta," my Foster father called for me from the attic he had told me he was cleaning up there today. I climbed up the small store case into the attic but I didn't see my step father. All I saw was a bed in front me with chains at the headboard I backed up afraid of what was happening again. But I bumped into something behind me I went to turned but stopped as I felt a cool object on my neck. "Let's have some more fun. Julieta," I hear my foster father say in my ear he grabbed my upper arm moving the blade from my neck. He began to drag me towards the bed as I struggled I saw a hammer out of the corner of my eye.
I grabbed it and slammed it into his stomach he grunted in pain letting go of my arm. I quickly ran around him to the ladder but I got grabbed again but I still had the hammer in hand. I swung it around hitting him in the upper arm he grunted in pain but still held me tightly. "You stupid bitch," he said and held me close to him by my neck I dropped the hammer trying to get him to let go. As he held me there he brought the knife to my face tears pricked at my eyes as I tried to stay strong. "This is your punishment for hurting me Julieta," he said and dug the dagger into my skin I screamed in pain as tears fell from my face.
Despite the pain and fear adrenaline courses though my veins and I remembered that guys hurt a lot if you hit them in their balls. So I swung my leg up kicking my Foster Father right where the sun don't shine. He groaned as he fell to the floor letting go of me, I took that as my chance and ran. I ran out the house to the next door neighbor he was a veteran of the army. He protected me in his house with a shot gun at his side until the police showed up.

Present Time
Tears slipped down my face at the memory I began to cry harder and harder until I feel to my knees. He had touched me before but in my own bed telling me it was normal. It wasn't I knew it. But when it came down to it I couldn't let him get away with it again. But I am reminded of that day everyday someone stares at me or says something about my scar. "Fuck him," I cursed "fuck him for ruining me," I cried.