Mall

Chapter 49

Arina

'Why are you eating with him?'

I saw the message and it came from Tyler. I raised my head up and looked around trying to see if I saw him in the office and then my eyes met those icy eyes. I smiled at him and gave him a little wink. I looked back at my phone to message him to tell him to not worry. I looked back up at him and his face was straight. I saw he whispered something to himself looked at David angrily and then walked to the elevator.

"He's jealous." My head turn towards David after he said that.

"Huh? why would he be?"

"Arina don't you see you are eating with me rather than him." he chuckled.

I chuckled "Tyler trusts me and he knows I would never cheat on him."

"Oh I believe Tyler trusts you.... It's me he doesn't trust." He whispered the last part to himself.

"What was that?"

"Oh nothing" he relaxed in his seat.

My phone buzzed again as I saw a message from Rose asking if we can hangout later tonight which obviously I respond with yes. She message me again but this time I felt kind of worried of her response. 'but not at the coffee house. let's go to a more public area.. like the mall.' This doesn't sound like Rose and I really wondered if she is okay. I decided that I'll finis up work early and meet up with her.

David and I finished up the last discussions about the work trip to Europe and I was about to head out until Tyler messaged me.

'Why are you leaving so early? Is everything okay?' My eyes widen wondering how he always sees everything. I looked up and turned around seeing him now stepping out of the elevator. He comes up towards me looking very concern. "Are you okay? did something happened to Jermey?"

"Jermey is fine, I'm just going to the mall to meet Rose. I think somethings been bothering her mind today."

"Oh okay, be safe okay.. you want Robert to be with you when you go?"

"Tyler, I'm fine, I'm going to the mall in any case.. a public area with lots of people."

He pat my head and was going to give me a kiss until I stopped him because we were at work and I could already tell I was getting some very rude looks. I smiled and walked out while keeping my head down knowing and hearing those judgemental whispers.

-AT THE MALL-

When I arrived , I had already messaged Rose and was walking towards the food court where she told me to meet her. I don't know.. something just didn't feel right to me. As soon as I saw her she didn't spot me so i sneakily went up behind her and scared he which made her jump and almost dropped her smoothie. I couldn't help but laugh and I received a punch on my shoulder, which I began to rub because she punched me hard. Rose laughed and said, "Girl, I didn't even punch you hard." I got a quesadilla from Taco Bell and the I began to question Rose, wanting to know why she wanted us to meet up here.

"So how come you didn't wanna meet at the coffee house?"

She looked down took a breathe and looked up at me. I held her hand and said, " hey ... you can tell me after all I'm always here for you no matter what." she smiled at me.

"So remember I said Edward came back right?" I nodded. she moved her chair closer towards me and continued.

"I went into his office to ask him why he disappeared and just left a note saying I had to take over the coffee house... but when I went in he stared at me with a blank face as if he was dead inside no emotion. It was irritating me that he wasn't responding to me even after I was shouting at him. Then I just became angry and said that I should of done the same thing as you and got a job and Edward didn't let me finished my sentence because the next thing I knew there was a gun on my head and Edward was holding it..."

I pulled in Rose and hugged her, "Arina I was so scared. Edward then realized that he had his gun out and its like he came back to his senses."

"That is really so weird.."

"Arina that wasn't even the weirdest part. He was asking me about your relationship with Tyler and asking me if I knew Tyler personally."

"What did you tell him."

"Nothing, I just told him that I didn't know him personally and that I don't talk to you as much anymore."

"Maybe.... you should look for a new job.. I'll try to help you."

"Thanks, Arina ... but I wonder why Edward is just so curious about you."

"I don't either..." I thought to myself wondering as well... does Edward have any connection towards my parents.

"By the way Arina, How many days again you have before you leave to go to Europe."

"Two days."

"Whoaaaa two days. Make sure to buy me a gift and become friends with a rich french guy or girl and set us up together." She held her hands together and looked at me with a serious face while I laugh.

"SO you are telling me the famous Rose hasn't gotten her husband material as yet, I bet there are lots of men lining up for you." We both chuckled and as I said that a young man came up to our table and introduced himself to Rose. As he was introducing his self I felt some one staring at me but I didn't think much about since we are in a public area so anyone can be starring at me.

The man that introduced himself and began asking Rose on a date and complimenting her and Rose did not like him at all as I could tell from her facial expression. Then began to ask the man some funny questions and did not wait for him to respond.

"Do you make a salary over $5,000 at least two weeks? No? Do you like dogs or cats? You do well I like turtles. Are you going to pay for all my meals and my apartment bill? No? " Rose kept going on and on and the mans face seemed puzzled. I felt sorry for the guy. the guy got offended and called Rose a Gold digger which Rose simply responded with , "Obviously of I was interested in you I would of said yes, but I'm pretty sure you don't want your girlfriend finding out you flirting with me. I mean if you want I'll gladly tell her to dump an ass like you."

The man's face became shock even I was shock and the man apologized and walked away I turn to Rose, " Rose, How did you know he had a girlfriend."

"Him and his girlfriend were at the coffee house 2 days but his girlfriend was waiting for him to come while I got their drink already. She was really rude and told one of the girls to stop looking at her boyfriend or she will slap her, when all the girl was doing was bring the bill to them."

"Omg. I love how you know nearly everything... You're like a FBI agent." We both chuckled and continued chatting. Then, Rose turned her head, "Hey, how come you you don't have Robert with you today ?"

I turned my head confused and she continued, "girlll don't be mean to his body guards at least invite them to eat with us."

"What are you talking about?"

"Didn't Tyler sent one of his body guards with you?"

I turned my head to see a man in a suit and dark glasses looking at us, I became angry cause I told Tyler not to send his body guard and that I would be fine. I took out my phone and messaged Tyler.

'I thought I told you that I'm fine, WHy would you send one of your body guards?"

I was about to get up to tell his guard that he could leave but then my phone vibrated and I realized Tyler responded to me, 'I didn't send a guard....' My eyes widen. He responded again.

'STAY WHERE YOU ARE. I'm coming.'

I looked up at Rose and said, "Tyler said he didn't send a guard." Her eyes also widen. "The man was standing there for quite some time...."

I turned around and the man disappeared.