18

"'When a woman is both
Silent
And
Smiling
You're in trouble.'"

- Unknown

_____

Sitting at her new found favourite spot, between the wall and a pillar, Bear had managed to befriend Noah and his sister, Reese. So far, she thought these two were polar opposites of all the other people in this cement grave.

They were actually kind, and tried to understand why Bear was so uneasy about breathing the same air as President Wallace

What's your favourite animal?" Noah asked, they were playing a game called twenty questions.

But, Bear believed that they had definitely forgotten the whole point of the game and the amount of questions you ask.

"Bears," Bear snickered,"I might be bias, but I'd say they're one of the most badass creatures. They could kill you with one swipe, or they can walk on by as if to say you aren't worthy of a kill."

Noah gasped,"well ain't that a bad dramatic."

The girl shrugged, leaning in her chair she propped her legs up on the table,"sweetheart, I'm all about the dramatics. It's one of my fine qualities."

Turning to Reese, Bear sent the girl a quick wink.

An outsider of the trio could tell from a mile away the tension brewing between Bear and Reese. Bear was also not one to hide her sexuality, and she could tell from the way Reese got flustered easily which side she leaned on for...

The pleasures.

"I'd say..." Noah hummed, pretending to pull on a beard that did not exist.

The boy, although much older than Bear, had the most babies face she had ever seen. No facial hair, cheeks as soft as baby's skin.

"A hawk!" He suddenly yelled out, looking to Bear with a wide grin,"did you ever see a hawk... out there?"

Thinking about it, she had heard plenty of birds, but never truly had the time to go alone to seek out which ones were fluttering about and making all that noise.

"No," Bear hummed,"sorry."

For a moment, Noah's face seemed to fall in dismay, but he quickly covered it with a broad smile and a wave of his hand to brush away Bears simplistic apology.

"Horses," Reese mumbled, looking at Bear up and down, before concentrating her eyes on the girls face.

Plucking up a puzzle piece, Bear smacked it into an empty slot in the corner closest to her, before turning back to Reese.

"Now horses, I had seen," Bear smirked.

Both Noah's and Reese's eyes widened, like little children meeting their role model for the first time, or being introduced to sugar.

Leaning her head back, she rolled it to the side where she could see the siblings waiting, patiently to hear about them. Maybe she stuck around these two because they reminded her of herself and Ember.