15

"'That's the problem about being the
Strong
Ones, no one offers
You
A hand.'"

- M.t

_____

"There back!" Tangerine yelled, as she stood above the wall, with her rifle laying lazily by her side,"Finn and Clarke are back!"

Rushing outside, Bear beamed with joy as she saw Clarke and Finn rush through the entrance. Only for her eyes to befall upon the gate that closed, as no third person raced in behind them. Monty wasn't with them.

"Hey, we heard an explosion. What happened?" Clarke rushed out.

"Murphy happened," Bear sighed,"where's... where's Monty?"

"Monty's gone?" Clarke questioned.

"Clarke, we need to leave, now," Finn stated, turning to the group before him,"All of us fo. There's an army of Grounders unlike anything we've ever seen coming for us right now! We need to pack what we can and run!"

"Like hell we do. We knew this was coming," Bellamy argued.

"Bell, we aren't prepared!" Octavia cut in.

"And they're not here yet. We still have time to get ready!" Bellamy stated.

Bear glimpsed at all of the teenagers that gathered around them. All of the teenagers that were left of the hundred. Now, out if the hundred that were sent down, there were eighty two left.

They weren't soldiers, they were kids casted out because they did a crime that the council wanted to wash out of the system.

Turning to Bellamy, Bear spoke up,"We aren't soldiers, Bellamy. We're kids! We're someone's daughters, and someone's sons. We are whats left of our people, and although we were casted out and left to rot, we have to live to keep our people's spirit alive!"

Suddenly, amongst the circle, people began to cheer on what Bear was saying. In the eyes of what was left, she was becoming what her name stood for. An animal with spirit and strength that when you've crossed its path - you couldn't look away, you couldn't scare it off, you couldn't avoid its ravishing claws.

"Know I know we've made this our home!" Bear yelled, turning to look at what was left,"We've made a society, together! Psychopaths, thief's, murderers, whatever! We don't care, because we've learnt to depend on eachother!"

"Yeah!" Everyone screamed, throwing their fists up.

"We need to leave, but that's ok!" Bear continued,"This place isn't our home, our home is amongst eachother where we are unstoppable! Know, let's hear what Finn and Clarke have to say, because they're a lot fucking better than I am at coming up with plans!"

Turning back around to look at the inner circle of the group, Bear saw an astonished Octavia, Clarke, Finn, and Bellamy staring at her with wide eyes - their mouths slightly agape.

Never had it crossed their minds that, maybe, Bear was leader proof.

But, to Bear, she didn't believe herself to be a leader. She believed herself to be a follower who bent the rules a little, because what's the point of having rules and a leader giving out orders - if you didn't have a warrior around to manipulate the rules to her command and benefit?