2

"'She has been through hell. So believe me when I say, fear her when she looks into a fire and smiles"'

- E.corona

_____

Throughout the small ship, the sound of clicks where heard, as everyone around Bear scrambled to get out of their seats with the restricting harnesses.

Standing up slowly, Bear takes her time, noticing that the gravity feels slightly more dense on her small frame. Turning to the side, she watches the blonde fall to the floor beside one of the floaters.

"Finn, is he breathing?" Blondie hesitantly asks, as she checks the pulse of the one closest to her.

Bear rolled her eyes at the boy, who sat on the ground, dread in his eyes- as he shook his head slowly.

'He'll have to carry that burden,' Bear thought, feeling only slight remorse for the idiots who chose to be reckless idiots.

"The outer door is on the lower level!" A boy shouts, as his head pops through a hole in the flooring,"let's go!"

Everybody forcefully makes their way to the hatch, praising that they're alive and on the ground. But as the others moved around her quickly, Bear lost her footing- planting her face into someone's stomach.

She felt two pairs of arms coil around her, quickly helping her stable herself. Looking up, she notices it as the two guys who spoke moments ago.

"Hey, you alright?" Goggles asks.

"I'm good, just lost my footing," Bear mumbles.

"I'm Jasper, that's Monty," goggles states, pointing to the Asian next to him,"Hey, were we cell neighbours on the ark?"

Laughing, Bear makes a move to go downwards. Crainning her neck from the position on the ladder, she nods at her two new followers.

As her feet plant themselves on the lower level, she waits the two boys to follow downwards,"I'm Be- Harvey... by the way," she states, hesitantly reaching her hand out.

She didn't want to push people away by the sound of her true name.

Monty quickly grasps it, before pulling the girl closer and caging his arms around her,"Welcome to the friendship."

Awkwardly patting the boys shoulder, she grimaces as Jasper joins in. Both slightly cutting off her air supply.

"You're one of the crew now, no take bakes," Jasper states, smirking as he feels the slight rumble from the girl laughing in his grasp.

All three of the delinquents felt a connection, but Bear was hesitant. She didn't want to lie, but she didn't want to be alone.

Though they didn't know her, Monty and Jasper both concluded in their minds: they have to keep their new friend safe.

As they released their grasp on her, they all turn around at the commotion happening at the front- secretly hoping the doors would hurry up and open.

"Bellamy?" The girl seated next to Bear when they were strapped in was standing on top of one of the ladders, shock written all over her face, as she quickly descends the rest of the way.

Bear froze.

Bellamy, as in Bellamy Blake... her ex best friend who locked her up Bellamy Blake?

"That's the girl who hid under the floor," Monty whispers into Bears ear, making the girl scrunch up her face in confusion.

As the girl reaches the front of the group, she takes a moment to stare at the man infront of her.