25

"'I believe a strong
Woman
May be stronger than a man, particularly if
She
Happens to have love in
Her
Heart. I guess a loving
Woman
Is indestructible.'"

- Jon Steinbeck

_____

He was so close.

Reaching out, Bellamy took a step towards the door, feeling this need to get to her, to hold her, to tell her that he's here. But, he couldn't.

The double doors hitched themselves locked at the sound of an alarm blaring in the hallway.

Turning around, Bellamy had his back to the double doors. He didn't notice the girl in burgundy, staring at him through the small window installed in the doors, as she slammed her hand against the handle.

Lovota did, though, and she could tell it was the girl Bellamy was looking at moments ago.

"What is going on here?" Bellamy breathed.

"I don't know," Maya muttered,"it's not a breach, but it can't be good."

"Sving raun," Lovota hissed, grabbing Bellamy's shoulder,"em behov kom se yu!"

"What?" Bellamy asked, as Lovota suddenly wrenched his figure around.

That's when he saw her, Bear, hands gripping the edge of the window as her lips moved without any sound escaping them. In that moment, he had never seen her so vulnerable and...

Scared?

Bear was never frightened, for her to be so, he knew that this place must've been a coffin of nightmares for her.

"Get us to that radio," Bellamy rushed out.

Nodding, the group of three did the one thing they didn't want to do, they turned a corner and ran from the dormitories.

"Down this way," Maya whispered, as they bustled past multiple people rushing back and forth.

Suddenly, rounding the corner, Bellamy had smacked right into a boy with rugged black hair and soft, mistified blue eyes.

"Sorry sir!" The boy rushed out, his eyes suddenly settling on Maya,"Maya! What's going on?"

"I don't know, where's your sister?" Maya said, briefly looking to Bellamy and Lovota.

"Reese?" Noah muttered, before looking it up to the soldier more closely,"wait... who are you?"

His eyes than settled on Lovota,"and... her?"

Lovota and Bellamy's eyes seemed to blaze up with worry, when the boy took long looks at them and seemed to realise they weren't particularly from around here.

"That's Bellamy!" Maya exclaimed, suddenly,"and... Lovota."

"Where are you going?" Noah asked,"you're kinda drawing attention running against everyone."

"We're going to the radio," Maya whispered.

Grabbing Noah's shoulder, Bellamy put on a stern face, showing his clear annoyance at the delay.