8

"'She remembered
who she was
and
the game changed.'"

- Lalah Deliah

_____

Everyone slept soundly around camp, as hope crept into their mind, though they wouldn't admit it - if the Ark came down, they'd be safe from the others that have ravished the earth.

The embers from the fire licked the sky, creating seconds of a burning star.

Bear sat by one of the fires, one arm holding her staff, the other laid slack over her knee. She hasn't slept in what felt like forever, if her sister was her, she would've deemed her the Queen of Insomniacs.
Listening to the soft wind, as it rustled through the forest, every once and a while the hairs on the back of her neck would rise, the feeling of someone watching her making her ever more paranoid to fall asleep.

She reminded herself that the only thing interested enough to watch her would be a jaguar wishing for food.

"Octavia," she heard the wind whistle, making her head turn.

"Octavia!" This time, Bear looked to her left, to see Bellamy snooping around the campsite.

"Bellamy," Bear called,"what do you want?"

Bellamy instantly made a beeline to the girl who's face could only be made out, subtle, by the fire that she kept going. His facial expression was cold, but his eyes were something Bear could easily read, he looked worried.

"Harvey, have you seen Octavia?" Bellamy asked, a hint of terror underlining his voice.

"Now that you mention it, I hadn't seen her since I left camp to check out the pod," Bear wondered, her eyes glazing over, as she desperately tried to think of another moment where she had seen the young rebel.

Bear stood up, grasping Bellamy's arm in a reassuring matter,"hey... I'll help you look for her, ok? Where've you already checked."

"I've checked everywhere," Bellamy hissed, running his hands anxiously through his hair.

Bear put two fingers within her mouth, and blew as hard as she could, creating a high pitched whistle. From that, many people had crawled out from within their tents.

"Everyone, gather around!" Bear called to all the now sleep deprived teenagers,"Bellamy has something to ask, so all of you listen the fuck up!"

Clarke walked towards them with Finn in tow,"what's up?"

"I can't find Octavia," Bellamy hissed.

"It's Octavia, she's probably hunting butterflies," Clarke said, leaning on Bears shoulder, dark circles baggaged under her eyes - though not as purple as Bears.

"I've been awake all night and I haven't heard, or seen a thing... and it's not like Octavia to be quiet," Bear pointed out.

Bellamy had dropped all of the weapons beside the fire that he had plucked from the dropship,"grab a weapon!"

Looking around, everyone looked tired, and perplexed at the situation. As they had not been given the run down as to why their beauty sleep was ripped from their grasp.