4

"'A Queen will always turn Pain into Power,'"

- Unknown

_____

Finn stumbled backwards, as he tugged Clarke along. The blonde unable to peel herself away from the view of the two kids who were laid against a tree. Spears through their chests, whilst their eyes were closed.

"Come on!" Finn hissed.

Monty's chest heaves due to the tears running down his face, as he screamed at himself to keep running. Biting down on his tongue, he kept his face down.

Everyone's legs kept moving forward, somehow, as the image of their two friends getting spreadered kept flashing across their minds like a photograph.

Monty falls to the ground as his foot accidentally hooks into a root. Octavia drops beside him, fear blurring what laid infront of Monty.

"Monty, get up!" She screeched, pulling him up.

"Come on, we gotta go!" Finn huffs out, as he briefly leaned against a tree.

Clarke's eyes widened, as she noticed what was sprawled on the ground infront of Monty. Monty's eyes fell upon it, too, his body turning cold, as the others helped him up.

"Who are they," Finn asked, scaling the shattered bones.

Clarke bent down swiftly, as her hands gently picked up a skull,"What are they?"

Octavia leaned against Monty, as she eyed the strange skull in Clarke's hands,"We are so screwed..."

Silence grew between the four, as they stared at the bones, in a horrified daze. No one would admit it, but they were worried this would become their friends.

Soon enough, that silence was cut off, as a rough voice screamed out. Then, followed by Harvey's,"Monty!"

The skull fell from Clarke's grasp, as Finn gripped Monty's shoulder, making sure the boy wouldn't do something stupid.

But they didn't account for Clarke taking the stupidity with her,"H-Harvey... Jasper, they're alive," she pointed out, as she skirted past the three towards the waters edge.

"Clarke. Wait. Wait!" Finn shouted, as Octavia dashed after the blonde, leaving Monty to trail behind in his despair.

For what he believed, both his friends were about to be truly killed.

"Stay under the trees," Finn grabbed Clarke before she could leave the safety of the forest.

Looking across the water, they looked to the trees, noticing both friends were gone. The only thing left to signify their existence was the cursed piece of metal Bear picked up.

"They were right there..." Finn whispered, shock circulating through his veins.

"No... where are they?" Monty asked, as if a child unknowing of where his favourite toy went.

"They took them...." Clarke glared, searching the forest on the other side for movement.

-