13

"'She was so
Powerful
Not because she wasn't
Scared
But because she went on so
Strongly
Despit the
Fear.'"

- Atticus

_____

Shredding skin off of a beautiful albino rabbit, Bear took her time with the delicate fur. She wanted to create something out of it for Eliza. But, she also felt that it's beautiful fur that got it killed, deserved the body to be taken with care.

The care it should've gotten, instead of a ruthless teenager stabbing it for an easy kill.

Standing by the small fires, Octavia hooked up the meat to which Bear had finished. It wasn't really the job either of the girls wanted, but they knew nobody else would take considerable care for these creatures after death like they have.

They even buried some of the skins, in hopes that Gaia would rebirth the beautiful animals to its rightful glory.

"Legs get this party smoking!" Del cheered, dropping a couple of logs into the fire besides Bear, who sneered at the chivalrous boy.

"You don't want the fire too big, so maybe just try to knock it down with some wet leaves," Octavia instructed.

"You get that from your boyfriend, Grounder Pounder?" Del smirked.

Turning around swiftly, Bear latched onto the boys hood. Striking the knife into his neck, even though she was smaller, she looked like the animal she was named after.

Pressing softly enough to not cause an actual cut, but enough to make the boy realise that she wasn't afraid to slice it if she deemed it worth her time.

"Watch that tongue, or else you'll find it cooking on the fire next," Bear hissed.

A silhouette appeared behind the boy, Murphy, who carefully dropped off another small rabbit that made Bear want to scream at the hunters.

"She's right. A hot fire isn't gonna preserve meat as well," Murphy sighed,"Bear, don't kill him."

Peeling away from the boy, she pretended to go at him again, snickering as Del stumbled back a bit in fear.

In a way, Bear liked the fear that came with people knowing who she really was. A girl who killed a guard with her own teeth, gruesome, deadly.

Some even called her bloodlustful.

"If you can't take the heat, get out of the smokehouse," Del sassed, after waiting for Bear to be behind the table,"You should be kissing our asses for being allowed back in this camp. Just keep working."

When Del left, Bear grinded her small knife against a sheer rock. Her teeth grinding together, as the metal guard around her face bloomed with heat from the fire.

"Can I kill him?" She mockingly asked,"I mean, he pretty much just asked to be killed."

"We aren't killing anybody, Bear," Octavia sighed, looking at the brunette,"we're better than these Bellamy wannabes."

"I'd make life much more enjoyable to mysteriously get rid of him, though," Bear grumbled.

That comment earned a soft laugh from Octavia, one of the few people who was not afraid to hang around Bear without fear or a guard up around herself.