29

"'Honey I rose up from the
Dead,
I do it all the time'"

- Soar Bytes

_____

Opening the door, Noah looked puzzled to see Maya standing on the other side. Her face slightly frazzled, as she kept looking to either sides of the hallway. Behind him, on the coach, sat Reese.

She hasn't been doing so well, after Bear disappeared.

"Maya?" Noah wondered,"what a surprise... what can we help you with?"

"Her," Maya smiled, stepping to the side to allow Noah to see the person standing beside her.

Stepping forward, Bellamy was suddenly washed over by the light leaving the doorway. Noah saw his darkened eyes and his cut lip, he truly looked terrifying.

In his arms laid a limp Bear.

"O-oh!" Noah exasperated, stepping to the side quickly,"come in, come in!"

"Noah, who is it-" Reese wondered, looking over the backside of the coach, her words getting caught in her mouth when she saw Bellamy and Bear.

"Bear!" She yelped, jumping off the coach and stumbling towards the towering figure protectively holding her.

Reaching out a hand, Reese didn't notice Maya slip inside as Noah closed the door, all she concentrated on was how cold Bear felt. Her skin looked sickly, as multiple bandages wrung up her legs.

"What... happened to her?" Reese whimpered, looking up at Bellamy, the boy surprised at her emotions.

"Reese," Maya soothed, wondering which words to choose to lay down what happened to Bear,"they were... taking her bone marrow."

"Her what!" Noah shouted, before clasping hands quickly over his mouth.

Stepping forward, he guided Bellamy to the coach, as they stretched Bears body out. Rushing off with Maya, Noah wondered into the next room over to collect some of the equipment he was allowed to bring home.

For once, being a nurse who liked to clean and keep his equipment at home came in handy.

Brushing back Bears hair with his calloused fingers, Bellamy sat down on the ground beside her, disappointed in himself.

He let her down, again.

"You must be Bellamy," Reese's voice came from the back of the coach, as she leaned over the side to hold one of Bears hands,"I'm Reese... Bear, she talked a lot about you."

"Then I'm guessing you've heard all the bad things, huh?" Bellamy sighed, keeping his hat drawn over his face.

"And the good things," Reese smiled,"Bear... she seems to care about you, a lot. You know, she was asking for you when she was brought in."

Feeling his back straighten up, Bellamy watched the slow movement of her chest, giving him ease as she took in slow breaths.

"Are you sure it was me?" Bellamy questioned, feeling as if the idea was too hopeful that Bear still cared about him deeply.

Giggling, Reese sighed,"Who else would she call Bellamy, Bell-Bell, and my brother?"

"Bellamy is my brother!" Bear announced, grinning at the adults with her toothy smile, making Bellamy's mum smile down at the girl.

"Is he?" She asked,"are you sure you want Bellamy to be your brother? He can be pretty stinky."

"Mum!" Bellamy groaned.

"Yes!" Bear hummed,"smelly Bell-Bell will forever be my brother... my uncle said you don't need to be related by blood to be siblings."

Smiling at the memory, Bellamy pulled his hat down to cover the slight flustered blush flourishing his cheeks.

Maya and Noah entered the room with an IV drip and attached it to her arm, before Noah got to work on cleaning the wounds and putting her legs in a clean wrap.

Everyone watched, emotional in their own way, of the girl covered in wounds on the coach. Noah, worried that he'll let her down. Reese, scared that she'll loose the one she loves. Maya, hoping Jasper never has to loose a friend.

Than, Bellamy, fearful that he was too late.

Wincing in pain, Bear didn't awake from her slumber, but she did grind her teeth and scrunch up her nose as if she was. Reese, laying over the backside of the couch, wiped her forehead with a wet tea towel.

Every time Noah pulled away the wrap, everyone slightly grimaced at the sight. Tears in her skin, like bullet wounds, where some could see the punctures in the bone.

Stitching up some of the worst ones, Noah was unsure of what to say - the wounds were bad, some so bad he was unsure if she'd be able to walk.

But, it was Bear they were talking about. She'd just clench her teeth, and carry on through the pain, even if the leg was broken - she'd run a mile, if it meant saving her friends.

"There," Noah huffed, wrapping up the last stitch crossing through Bears skin,"that should do it, for now."

Standing up, Noah went to the small cupboard nearby, where - inside - was extra blankets. Grabbing a few, he also ripped the bedding for his own cot.

Walking back into his and Reeses small living room, he saw Maya sitting at his desk. Mindlessly reading over a medic journal.

He saw that Bellamy and Reese had both moved, as well. Surprisingly, they were sitting next to eachother, the air between them hanging dry without any whispered words between the two.

With their backs leaning up against the coffee table, they faced Bears unconscious form on the couch. Her breathes were now even, a rhythmic sigh.

Dropping two blankets beside Reese, Noah went around the coach and softly dropped his own blanket ontop of Bear. It was probably the thickest one they had, and she deserved it more than him.

Walking over to Maya, he wrung a blanket around her shoulders, as he peered at the journal she was reading.

"What if she doesn't make it?" Maya whispered.

"Than she'll haunt us till our last breaths," Noah smirked.

____________________________________
Authors note

Thought I'd give you all some more Reese and Noah content