Chapter - 10: Anxious Minds

Depuis le début

"Is he at office?" Shekhar asked, everyone was well aware about Sanskar's workaholic nature.

"No no, luckily he is at home, he is in study. He will join us soon." Ram replied casually.

'That means he is at home' simple thought, gave throbbing's to Swara's heart.

"He is such a work maniac, I tell you Swara" Sujata mumbled in frustration which earned chuckle from Swara.

Swara looked at her father who was enjoying company after long time. She was at the receiving end of all attention from Sujata which stabbed Ragini's heart.

Sanskar entered patio while typing something on his phone, he raised his head and his eyes were captivated with the sight in front of him.

Swara was sitting beside his mother and her lips were spread in broad smile, her eyes were shining and glowing with happiness.

He was welcomed by his lovely sister in hearty shriek.

"Finally! Bhai you are here. We all were waiting for you from so long"

"It was important Uttu" Sanskar replied with soft smile which resulted in Swara forgetting to breath for a moment.

"Sanskar it was too late beta. Come have some Kabab's and fish fry" Sujata asked him with motherly love, she directed servers to fill his plate.

"Sanskar, hi, how are you?" Ragini came near brother and sister earning cold glare from Sanskar.

"I am fine" Sanskar replied reluctantly without even looking at her. He went towards the male members to join them for business related discussions and drinks.

Swara scrunched her nose, unknowingly she felt something breaking in her heart when she felt, he did not even look at her but in her displeasure, she missed to observe his stare from long.

"Hello, its pleasure to meet you Sir" Sanskar shook his hands with Anurag passing soft smile.

"I would love if you call me as Anu Uncle the same way you used to call me when you were kid"

"Sure, Anu Uncle" Sanskar reciprocated nodding his head.

He observed Anurag's eyes those were empty and were surrounded with dark circles same as his telling his story about sleepless nights.

In a brief moment, Sanskar felt he was looking at his own reflection in Anurag.

Sanskar was looking at Swara every now and then clenching his fist over his whisky glass, he hated his cousin who was openly flirting and was clinging to Swara.

Her discomfort for Sahil's advances was not missed from Sanskar's scrutinizing gaze.

'I need to play my game smartly.'

Swara was taking some pudina chatny for her Kabab's when small amount of chatny fell on her dress.
She excused everyone and followed Uttara, Sanskar noticed their departure from corner of his eyes.

"Divya, how can you accept that girl as your daughter in law?" Parvati asked in low voice, scrunching her forehead

"You know everything but still you are ready for this marriage?"

Parvati had observed Sujata over the evening, she was showring her all love over Swara instead of her granddaughter. She felt, her Laddoo would receive inferior treatment in front of Swara post marriage due to their economical statuses.

"What should I do Kakisa? Nobody is listening to me not even my own son or my husband. But don't worry I will not let this marriage happen. That cursed girl will not ruin my son's life."