Chapter 34

Madison's POV

I woke up the next morning feeling good, ready to kick ass. I had decided that I was going to be making some changes in my life, and really claim my life as my own. 

I could hear Jake lightly snoring next to me and I smiled. Damn it felt good to be back. 

I slowly and quietly rolled out of his tight hold and then stepped quietly across what used to be my old room. I changed into the same clothes that I wore yesterday. I then went into the bathroom, washed my face, and brushed my teeth. 

I shook Jake awake and he looked a little startled but then after seeing my face he gave me a smile. 

"Good morning" he said to me in that sexy, deep morning voice. 

"Good morning Jake" I said back feeling the heat spreading across my face. I quickly collected myself. "I was hoping we could leave soon, so we wouldn't be late be late for school." I said quietly. His morning voice had thrown me off guard and all I wanted to do was to crawl back into bed and lay down with him again. 

"Yeah sure sure, just let me get dressed" he said and then rolled back over into the bed. 

Oh great, we're never leaving. "Common seriously, I don't wanna be late" I pleaded with him. 

"What's the big deal, it's just school." he said back into the pillow. 

"Well I happen to love school and personally do not wanna be late, I mean I could always ask Jason for a ride to school." I said smirking. I knew that would get him. 

"No no need, I've got it." Jake said as he sprung out of bed. I knew it, his possession would be both the life and the death of him. 

He quickly got dressed and we walked back downstairs. His mom was in the kitchen cooking up a batch of her amazing pancakes. I missed the smell and the delicious melting chocolate chips. 

She looked a little surprised to see me again. "Oh Madison honey, you're back!" she said with a huge smile written across her smile. She crossed the kitchen and engulfed me in a huge hug. 

"Yeah, I'm back. I missed you." I said to her, and I genuinely meant it. She was the mother figure that was missing after my mom had passed away and she was truly amazing for everything she had done for me. 

"Common nerd let's go, you didn't wanna be late for school remember?" Jake said just watching us from across the kitchen, with his arms crossed.

"I'll be back later tonight, and we can catch up, I have a lot to tell you!" I told her excited to finally be living with Jake again. 

We walked outside and sitting out front was his motorcycle. I had gotten so used to driving around in Jason's car that I forgot Jake didn't exactly have one. 

"Well come on what are you waiting for?" Jake asked extending a helmet to me. He hopped on the motorcycle and then signaled for me to get on the back. I shakily stepped over and wrapped my arms tight around his waist. He revved the engine and then off we were. 

He got to the cafe in less time than I even thought was possible. But the rush of driving that fast made me feel happy to be alive. 

"Just give me a couple minutes and I'll be on my way." I said with a small smile. 

I didn't know how I was going to walk in there and move out and possibly quit working there, I mean I didn't really need to work there anymore, because I would be staying with Jake, but I felt bad just leaving them up and dry. 

When I walked into the cafe, Nancy was sitting at the register, and it was fairly empty. There were the occasional morning coffee drinkers, and people just running in for a bite before work. 

I walked up to the register and a big smile spread across her face. 

"Madison! We missed you last night!" she said ecstatic that I was back. 

"Hey Nancy, do you have a minute? I was hoping we could talk.." I said, and as I spoke I could feel my heart racing in my chest. 

"Yeah of course, what's up?" she asked me and I knew she could tell exactly what I was going to say before a word even left my mouth.

"Listen, I just wanted to start off by saying I really truly do appreciate everything that you've done for me. Without you and Liam, I most likely would've been on the side of the road somewhere. The circumstances have changed and I no longer need a place to stay. I would love to keep working with you guys a few days a week, but if you no longer want me to work here, I'll understand..." I said to her and after every sentence I could tell she was heartbroken. 

"No of course I understand, you have to do what's best for you, and you are always welcome here, and if you still want to work a couple days a week, that would be absolutely amazing." she said with a weak smile and I could tell she was holding back. After a short period of awkward silence, she continued. 

"I think losing my daughter before she was even born, made me long for a daughter for a very long time. When you first showed up here, I thought that you could take the place of the daughter that I never got the chance to have and that was wrong of me. I should've never put you in that position in the first place. I hope you'll choose to stick around, because it's almost like you've become a part of our little cafe family." she said to me and at this point she had begun to break down in tears. 

I pulled her into a hug and I said "I'm so sorry about your daughter, I will always be here for you and for Liam, for whatever you guys need." 

"When did you want to grab your stuff?" she asked me while wiping the last of her tears off her face. 

"I was going to go by after school to come grab it if that's alright with you?" I asked her trying not to say anything to make her anymore upset than she already was.

"Yeah of course that's fine with me. I can't wait to see you then!" she said but I could still hear the sadness in her voice. She then checked her watch "You're going to be late for school, you better get on going." she said and smiled at me. 

"Alright, I'll see you after school today." I smiled back and turned back to walk out of the store.

Jake was still standing there just casually on his phone. Damn did he look good just standing right next to his motorcycle. He looked up to see me staring at him. Redness once again spread across my face and he smirked at the sight of it. 

"Ready to go?" he asked and handed me my helmet. 

"Yeah let's go, I don't wanna be late for school." I said smiling, and then proceeded to put my helmet on. 

We both got on the motorcycle and I then wrapped my arms around his waist again, he revved his engine and then once again we were speeding down the street in the direction of school. 

Author's Note

Way more frequent updates, wanted to keep you guys happy. Please make sure to be commenting and letting me know what you think, and even some suggestions for future chapters! I'll be continuing to update as much as possible. Thank you guys always for being so amazing! 

~Jessica6929

आप प्रकाशित भागों के अंत तक पहुँच चुके हैं।

⏰ पिछला अद्यतन: Sep 17, 2020 ⏰

नए भागों की सूचना पाने के लिए इस कहानी को अपनी लाइब्रेरी में जोड़ें!

Living with the Bad Boyजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें