Chapter 22

Madison's POV

I was sill enraged the next morning when I woke up. I couldn't just sleep it off. I was so pissed off that everyone was lying to me and then on top of that they all thought that they could just yell at me and be possessive over me just because. 

I flopped out of my bed and onto the floor jolting my body up from daydreams. I got up and threw my blanket back onto the bed and walked over to my closet. 

I threw on light blue skinny jeans and a purple crop top with a black sweatshirt. I brushed out my hair before putting on silver hoops and some light makeup. I put on some slides and grabbed my bag and books. 

I still had some time before school so I decided to go walking down the street to go look for a job. I could use the money and as soon as I have money then I can finally leave this wretched house with all these people that abuse your feelings. 

I walked down the street to this cute little cafe. Every time I walked past or drove past I would see a "Hiring now" sign hanging from the window inside the cafe. 

I looked at the hours and it didn't open for another 20 minutes. I looked in the window and saw someone sitting by the cashier. I tried the door and it was unlocked. 

I walked inside and found myself smiling when I heard the little ding of a bell. I walked towards the cashier where there was a younger looking women sitting. 

"Oh hello." she said and smiled gently at me. 

I looked around at the cafe when I realized I had only been here once or twice before. It was relatively small but it was cute in its own way. 

The walls were painted a light blue and were covered in paintings of all different sizes and colors. There were small tables that had blue and white checkerboard patterned tablecloths on them. At the back there was a small opening which I guessed led into the kitchen at the back of the shop. 

Right in front of the kitchen was a counter and a case of desserts and pastries below it. It had a menu written in fancy calligraphy writing. There were breakfasts and lunches and dinners that I myself haven't even heard of. 

"Hello." I finally said after looking at the aspects of the cafe. 

"May I help you?" she asked looked me up and down.

"Yeah I was wondering if you guys were still hiring." I said and smiled gently at her. 

Her hazel eyes lit up in excitement "Yes we actually are." she said and smiled with such a huge smile it surprised me. 

"Oh my gosh thank you, you have no idea how badly I need a job." I said to her filling up with an excitement of my own. 

"Yes, yes dear well my name is Nancy Pine and what is your name?" she asked me. 

"My name is Madison." I said looking at her straight in the eyes still keeping the same smile. 

"Well Madison, this job actually does have its perks. See I live upstairs, the cafe has an apartment; well apartments actually. If you need a place to stay then that's upstairs." she said. 

My mind was blown by this, a place other than Jake's? This was amazing!!!

"Oh my god yes! Thank you so much!" I said.

This women barely knew me and yet she was willing to give me a chance like this, it was just amazing. 

"Well you can start today if you want, when do you get off from school?" she asked me. 

"I get off at 3 so I can be here at 3:15." I said and smiled. 

"Okay well you can be a waitress and the pay is $7 an hour. I know it's not a lot but the longer you work here the more you get per hour." she said. 

"Okay thank you." I said. 

"I'll see you after school then!" she said and waved me off as I left the cafe.

I could have skipped to school I was so excited. I finally could get out of Jake's house and he could stop holding that over my head like he has been. 

How would I get my stuff out of the house though? That could be a tiny problem. 

Well whatever, I would just sneak out later tonight and go. I checked my phone and then realized I was going to be late.

"CRAP!" I screamed out loud and started to jog there struggling to not trip over my slides. 

I finally arrived at school and only barely making it to my locker and then class on time. 

When I walked into my classroom everyone was already in their seats and the only open seat was the one in the back, in between....

Jason and 

Jake 

Oh dear lord. 

A/N Hope you guys like I will try and update more frequently as soon as I have the chance to make sure the follow, vote, and comment what you think!!