Chapter 9: Forgiveness

Returning The Favor
Twilight remembers what pieces she used for the lockets. Remembering all the pain she felt. She used their weapons against them by giving them a taste of their own medicine.

She quickly analyzed the scenario in her head as Rainbow Dash asked "what's the plan?" Rainbow Dash would run around in circles, causing raindrops to form in the sky like a mist, in which drenched the Dazzlings. Rarity will use her power to shield them from leaving the targeted area, while Pinkie Pie distracted them from stopping the others. All they needed was her signal to release it when it was time, allowing the girls to get out as quickly as they can as she would watch the sparks fly.

Lightning is caused by negatively charged clouds, with enough positively charged electrons on the ground to connect both the cloud to the ground, causing an electrical current to generate a lightning bolt. Living creatures naturally generate positive energy, drenched in water gives them a boost, with something metallic like copper wire, which was used inside the lockets they carried. Allowed them to become engulfed as electrical conductors for the lightning to easily target them to strike.

Twilight was relieved to have at least three of her friends left to finish the job, while embracing a clear victory using scientific understanding. Now that victory was her's, she wanted to be in that blast to complete her final plan.

The reason she wanted to stay behind, she didn't know if she could live with herself for what she's done. What she started. The only reason the Dazzlings considered approaching her was because of her utilizing her powers to find sources of Equestrian magic. What she didn't know was she was being watched. She was careless, and brought so much suffering on her friends. From what she understands, they are now lost. She never intended to take it as far as she did, but it happened. Now, as the wave of energy exploded, she awaited for it to take her in as well.

True Friendship
Twilight opened her eyes, but she was surrounded. Twilight looked behind her, and there was Rainbow Dash, Pinkie Pie, and Rarity inside a large dome-like force field.

"I-I did it..." Rarity said as she focused. Twilight smiled, they did not leave her after all. Rarity was relieved to have her friends by her side, her dream was there to help her turn things around. Rainbow Dash held Pinkie in her arms, as Pinkie smiled and had her eyes closed.

"I love you guys!" Pinkie said. She held onto Dash tighter, as she smiled back.

"We love you too, Pinkie!" Twilight said, as tears streamed down silently. "Thank you!"

Rarity stopped focusing on the shield, and they were splashed with water that rested on it.

"Didn't think that one through..." Rarity said, as she was wiping off her dress.

"Yeah... good one Rarity!" Rainbow Dash said, as she swiped her hand over Rarity's back. Rarity grunted, and looked at her, a little bit ticked off, but she let it go when Pinkie got up in between them. "Twilight..." Dash, Rarity, and Pinkie stood staring at Twilight, as she turned her back on them to look the other way.

"I will tell you, I will tell you everything but... I just hope Sunset and the others are okay..." Twilight said, as she looked out into the distance, beginning to tear up. "They came... they tortured me... until I made them all a locket, just like the one I had before... but I was weak and angry... I thought I messed up, but something made them differently this time... I was hoping it wouldn't work, but it took away something inside of them... I don't know what it is..."

"Tortured..." Rarity spoke. "Why didn't you tell us?!"

"If I did, they would have done something horrible..." Twilight cried. "I wanted to protect you all, and I knew you guys wouldn't believe me... after the mess I made..."