Chapter 3: Uncontrolled

I
The girls struggled to get Twilight somewhat decent to be in the middle of the public eye. The girls fought with Twilight getting her into fresh clothes, like Sunset did the night before. She had help with the girls by her side this time around. Rarity tried to fix up Twilight with some make-up, but she kept moving her head too much for Rarity to focus. Rainbow Dash placed the sunglasses back onto Twilight's face, to block her stare that gave them nightmares.

II
They walked out of Sunset's house. The air was cold, with the winds pushing them forward to find a place to indulge in a hearty meal for the noon. The clouds were roaring forward with the winds, carrying toward their direction. The sun was blocked, making the chilling air more unbearable to stay out for too long.

III
They all reached a diner that was more or less cozy-like, according to Applejack. The place was a family-owned diner, but it was more of a modern layout than what it used to be. It used to have a country-styled aesthetic with old pictures, antiques, and the inside decorated with a log cabin coat over the walls. The girls were seated within the center of the diner, given it was the largest table they could spare for seven teens. The diner was quite filled to capacity because it was the middle of the weekday, where many families and friends are gathered to enjoy a meal together. The table was squared and each of the girls sat next to their partners, surrounding each spot on the table. Pinkie sat next to Twilight, and Sunset sat on the other end next to Twilight. They sat with her to make sure she won't make a mess of things.

The waitress had taken their orders, and left with a disgusted feeling in her stomach when she called onto Twilight. Twilight already took off the glasses, and the stare she gave the waitress. She nearly went through a heart attack. Sunset ordered for her a soup, which happened to be Twilight's favorite.

Twilight surveyed around the diner, she blinked and was fixated on looking at others while they ate. Twilight was opening and closing her mouth, mimicking them, but as she did, she gave off an odd sound, as if they were moans of an exhausted grunt.

Sunset would look at the others, they were unsure of what to think of Twilight. They tried to focus on each other. Applejack was talking to Rarity, Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash had spoken about Twilight, how she would give off a creepy feeling that would make their skin crawl. Pinkie would twitch being near Twilight. Sunset sat silently, looking down at the table because she knew how awkward they all must feel, being near this imposter. Sunset thought of what could be wrong with her, but it hadn't been at all, leading up to what they already been through before. This situation was different in Sunset's opinion, no one would be this dead inside, unless Twilight's mind or spirit had been all the sudden taken away. Sunset thought it might be possible.

"Hey everyone?" Sunset asked, the girls focused on Sunset. "Do you think it's possible that Twilight is not really there?"

"What are you saying?" Rarity asked. "Like we're all dreaming this?"

"No, like in the form of spiritual presence?" Sunset continued. "Like her spirit?"

"Like a ghost or an entity?" Rainbow Dash asked. "That would be pretty scary! Right Fluttershy?" Rainbow Dash teased Fluttershy.

"Oh stop it..." Fluttershy said, as she would slap Rainbow Dash's hand away trying to creepily tickle her. "But... yes..."

"Are ya tryin' to say, this is not Twilight, but an apparition of some kind?" Applejack asked.

"What I mean is, her mind or spirit was taken by something, and all that's left is this empty shell?!" Sunset answered.

"If that's true... then that could mean... there is someone or something taking away people's life force!" Pinkie Pie commented.