Chapter 8: The Storm Draws In

Closer And Closer
Rarity, Rainbow Dash, and Pinkie Pie rode to Twilight's house using Applejack's truck. Although Rarity originally refused to use it, but it was the only vehicle quick enough to get to Twilight's.

Pinkie drove, but she was having trouble navigating through the storm. Countless raindrops poured down, as there were beams of light coming from the darkened clouds. Emptiness surrounded, even the headlights at full volume, they were unable to see five feet away of the road.

"Are you sure you're able to drive through this?" Rarity asked, as she cautiously held onto Rainbow Dash's shoulder whenever they purged through the large puddles on the road. "It seems almost impossible to drive in this weather!"

"I'm fine!" Pinkie enlightened, as she shifted gears.

Rainbow Dash was looking the other direction. She was clenching her fist, which Rarity saw, sitting next to her. She pondered the fact that they took Fluttershy like they done to her Applejack. The horrors she must have experienced. She hesitated to say anything to her. She wondered if she was going to speak at all, now that she had time to gather her thoughts.

"Is... Fluttershy okay?" Rarity asked softly.

"No... they have her, and they will pay for what they did!" Rainbow Dash said, with a deep and focused whisper. Rarity looked down at the floor, and felt everything she felt. Her anger, her sadness. Her eyes glowed bright with vengence as they did when they fought earlier that day. If only she could take back what she said, but they had already apologized for what happened. Still felt guilty.

Rarity slowly touched her hand, trying to calm her down before they had to face the Dazzlings once again. Rainbow Dash looked away from the window, and glanced down as their palms came into contact. She firmly held Rarity's hand. Her hands were soft and warm, as Fluttershy's. She felt Rarity's nails poke the tips of her knuckles. She sighed, as she let her hand release for her to hold tighter. She looked back up at the window, and felt like she was ready for what comes next.

"Oh damn!" Pinkie yelled, as she drove into someone on the road. The girls were stunned from their seat, as they heard the thumping from the front of the truck, and the body being rolled on the roof. Pinkie immediately stomped on the brakes. The person rolled a few yards in back of them. "Whoops... heh..." Pinkie chuckled.

"Pinkie, what the hell was that?!" Rainbow Dash yelled. "Are you crazy?!"

"Well, it was kind of her fault?!" Pinkie said.

"What are you talking about?!" Rarity added. "You just killed someone!"

"Relax, it was just Adagio!" Pinkie said.

"That's not the point Pinkie!" Rarity continued.

"She's getting up, and she looks pissed!" Pinkie informed, as she glanced at the rear view mirror.

"Well duh!" Rainbow Dash yelled. "You just ran her over!"

"Get out!" Pinkie yelled. "GET OUT NOW!" Pinkie jumped out quickly while Rainbow Dash carried Rarity out, and the truck was pushed away by a wave of magic. The truck rolled into the other street. Rainbow Dash laid right on top of Rarity, which was a little uncomfortable for the both of them, so she fell to lay beside her instead. Pinkie was on the other side of the road, she was standing, not allowing her dress to be soaked.

"Pinkie, I'm going to kill you, after we get through this!" Rarity said, while being drenched in water from laying on the soaked grass. She was shocked to see her girlfriend's favorite truck gone in seconds.