Shattered Dreams

Marshall walked into the lookout lobby,a brown figure caught his attention,sitting on a pillow in front of the T.V. screen,lost in his deep thoughts.So lost he didn't even realize a certain Dalmatian has made his way towards him.

"Hey,Chase,"Marshall cheerfully greeted.

"Aaahh!,"Jolted Chase,suprised at the sudden appearance of his spotted friend,bringing him back to reality in the midst of his deep thinking, flinching in his sit,he turned to face the dalmatian,"Marshall,don't sneak up on me like that."he explained,holding his chest.

"Sorry,didn't mean to startle you like that,hehe,"replied Marshall sheepishly.

"I thought you heard me come in,guess I'm still quite as a mouse,huh?"he joked making both of them chuckle in the decent joke of the dalmatian,

"No,seriously,why didn't you heard me come in,is something wrong?"he asked,instantly changing his expression from funny to worried,

"Well,I guess you could say that....it's just..umm..,"Chase hesitated a bit emberassed of what his gonna say,

"It's ok,if you don't wanna talk about it,"Marshall assured,

"Nah,it's ok,afterall you're my best friend,"Chase stated,smiling at the dal.Marshall felt a bit weaken,at the last statement his FRIEND said.

Chase took deep breaths preparing for what his gonna say,Marshall just sat in front of him,"You know...I've been thinking..and I think it's time to let Skye,know about my hidden feelings,"

After hearing this directly from his friend,Marshall dropped his ears,heart beggining to feel a slight pain,putting an a fake smile,",Oh,wha...what's make you say that?"he asked.

"It's just...Ever since Skye got lost in that snowstorm,I was worried that I might lose her.All I could think was go to where she was,give her comfort,warmth and......Just the thought of her suffering in the cold winds,made me almost lose my mind.If I were gonna let her know about this feelings that I have for her,I must work up the courage to fully show her.I have to be the one to step forward,or otherwise,she won't know it.I can't just wait around anymore."he explained,all the words that came from his mouth are like bullets hitting Marshall's mind and heart.

Marshall sighed,in satisfaction,heartache,discomfort and...pure sadness,"You really love her so much,huh?"he said,his tone was in the mids of crying and being teared apart.

"Yeah,more than my life,because I think....she's the one for me...and I'm the one for her."he explained,chuckling at the thought of it,"How about you Marshall,do you ha--.."he was cut off,his eyes widening at what he was seeing,by the flow of liquids in Marshall's eyes,he was crying!?,tears dropping itself on the floor,making tiny splashes,this sudden turn of event made Chase concerned and confused,

"Marshall what's wrong?why are you crying?"he asked,his eyes widened at the sight of this.

Marshall turned around,not realizing this event,he instantly wipe his tears dry,covering it with a fake awkward laugh,"Oh..this..it's nothing..I'm just happy for you,that's all."he stated,standing up in all fours and was headed to the exit,"We'll then see you later Chase,I sure she would feel the same way,"he finished,now walking away,Chase didn't believe the dal,he knew he was lying,

"Marshall wait!"he yelled,making the dal turn around,"I know you're lying,I can see it in your eyes,"he said,

"What..do..you mean?"

"Cmon Marshall,just tell me what's wrong?why did you suddenly cry?"Chase insested,trying to find the right reason.

"Do you really wanna know?Do you wanna know why I suddenly cried.After hearing my answer,are you sure that nothing will change?!nothing?!"Marshall ask in a shaky voice,his tone becoming more tense.