Chapter 7 - frustrated and solemn ✔

Mulai dari awal

"No," I replied bluntly.

Soma! What are you doing? Why are you rejecting free money?

My pride is getting in the way.

Which kind of pride? This is free money.

"Why?"

"Because I don't want to be indebted to you," I stated with my face void of emotions. Then he started laughing.

Seriously!

"Why are you laughing?" I asked confusedly.

"It's like you watch a lot of Nigerian movies." He comported himself before speaking, "Why are you acting tough?"

"What do you mean?"

"It's when it comes to me that you activate your mouth but if it's Abel now you would already be in tears."

How dare he!

"Nonso!!!" I yelled and he took that as an opportunity to drag my hand and my back landed on his chest.

Ignoring our current position, He placed his phone in my hand, "Your account number." He said and I started typing.  

"Good girl. That's why I love you." He muttered with a grin as he collected the phone from me still holding me against his chest.

Soma, it's just play so stop cooking up ideas in your head.

"No, be only love. Loverboy." I teased as I inched away from his grasp. Just then I got a notification on my phone. 

"Jesus! Twenty thousand?" I exclaimed as my mouth dropped.

The money is much jhoor.

He just laid on the bed and supported his head with both palms while displaying his perfect dentition. "Yeah, baby." He said.

"But she asked for just ten thousand." I was still baffled by the alert.

It must be a mistake.

"Yeah, baby." He was still smiling wide.

"But you sent double!"

"Yeah, baby."

"Stop saying Yeah baby!"

"Yeah, baby." We both burst into laughter.

Awww... He always finds a way to make me smile.

"Thank you so much. I'm expecting money next week so I'll definitely pay you back with interest even." I gushed in excitement.

Somto here I come!.

"Don't worry just take it as an apology payment."

"I know you need the money so stop forming hard guy. I said I'll pay you back only God knows if it was even your one-month allowance you just transferred for me." I stated but he just shrugged and readjusted himself on the bed.

"So who sent you that text that changed your mood?" He asked a total different question from what we were discussing.

"Why are you changing the topic?"

"Just answer."

"Well, I don't know." My mood changed again as my mind shifted to the mystery message sender.

Nonso looked at me with knitted brows "What do you mean by you don't know?"

"I seriously don't know. I've been getting these weird messages from an unknown number."

"What kind of messages?"

"It's as if I wronged someone and now the person haunting me down."

"Can I see the messages?" He inquired.

I unlocked my phone to show him the messages, "Here." He retrieved the phone and read the messages carefully.

"Wow!" He exclaimed, "And you have no idea on who might be doing this?" He gave me back the phone.

"At first I thought it was Abel though I had my doubt's but..."

"Abel!!" He interrupted and resumed laughter "Why will you think that Abel would do this?" He gestured to the phone.

"Because for some reason he hates me and may want me dead."

"Soma!!" He yelled my name to stop me from talking further.

"I know I'm being paranoid but don't blame me. What will you do if you were in my shoes?"

"First, I don't wear girly shoes." I giggled. This boy ehhnn
"Secondly we have to find out who is doing this before it gets too late."

"We?" I raised a brow at him.

"Yeah baby, we."

"Awww... That's so cute but I don't want to involve you in my mess so Thank you." I immediately turned away from him because he was staring at me and licking his lips.

"You don't have a choice baby." He dragged me by my arm and I landed on his chest.

It's so hard and firm. I wonder if he has abs too.

God, why am I thinking this way? Any evil thoughts go back to sender.

"Do you want to break my neck?" I tried to get off his body but he held me firmly against his chest as I fought tirelessly to avoid his gaze.

"Hmmm.." Someone cleared his/her throat, it made me jolt as I immediately untangled myself from Nonso in a flash.

In fact, I was faster than flash.

"Jesus Oluchi! When did you get back?" I stuttered as I arranged my hair.

"You left the door open." She said. She wasn't even looking at me her eyes were fixed on Nonso. My Nonso.

Wait! Did I just claim him?. He just waved at her and she waved back with a smile that I've never seen on her face before. It was so wide.

"Errmmm... Nonso this is my roommate Oluchi. Oluchi this is Nonso my friend." I introduced in a bid to stop the staring.

"Your friend huh.." She purred and stretch out her palm towards him for a handshake. "Pleasure finally meeting you."

She didn't release his hand, she was still holding him and smiling and staring at him.

Nonso looked at me for help and finally, she released the hand.

She looked at me and back to him "You guys can go back to whatever it is you were doing I'll just be in the next room so tell me when you're done." She said and immediately left the room

"No, wait..." I tried to call her back but she yelled back. "Can't hear you!"

"She's funny," Nonso said.

"Tell me about it."

###
I'm so sorry for the late updates guys. I've been so busy and also struggling with my health.
Yes. Malaria is at it again but I'm getting better.

So what do you think about Oluchi in this chapter?

There will be more Nonso and Soma's drama to come. Hope you love them.

Who's shipping... I wanna know your ship names. You can list as much as you want. 😂

Thanks for reading. #WinnieCares💖.

God bless.