Chapter 9 - My boo? ✔

The amazing cover above was designed by _gurllykishaa_. Thank you so much, girl. 🤗

«««««Soma»»»»»

"I can't do this. I simply can't do it." I whined as I sat on my bed.

"Soma, please. For my sake please." Helen begged from the other side of the phone.

"Just explain things to your parents. I'm sure they will understand."

"I've tried. Believe me, I've tried but they said this is very important." I frowned at this.

Why will a parent prefer compulsory attendance to a party to an overly important test? There have to be two sides to this story.

"Why do you want to stress me this way? Okay, what if I get caught?" I asked in earnest as I laid with my stomach on the bed.

"Soma you know that you are covered with the blood of Jesus so you can't get caught."
I burst into laughter.

We are talking about malpractice here and she's busy pleading the blood of Jesus. Seriously!.

I finally gave in. "I'll only do this because of God and our friendship. You know I don't do stuff like this."

"Thank you so much, my darling friend, my sweet friend, my wonderful..."

"Stop joor." I interrupted with a small smile and she replied with a laugh.
This girl ehhnn.

"Don't worry I'll buy you shawarma when coming back." She said with a hint of laughter.

That's why it's not good for people to know your weak point.

"And when you don't buy it ehhhnnn, I'll strangle you till you cough it out." I threatened and she surprisingly found it funny.

"Okay, I have to go now." She said.

"Alright then take care of yourself. Bye!" I ended the call and dropped my phone on the bed.

Carefully I came down from the bed and my eyes traveled to Oluchi's corner.
She was enjoying her sleep while I'm here getting ready for the huge task I've just carried.

I would give anything just to trade places with her.

I shook my head and gave a loud sigh as I walked to my reading table and sat.

The thing here is that Helen who is supposed to be reading with me for the test we have tomorrow being Monday is not here. She left for home since last Friday and should be back today but she said she can't make it because her family is hosting a party.

I ask again. Which is more important? The party or the test?. Something must be wrong somewhere.

Now as a good and faithful friend that I am I have to write both my test and hers because she won't be back till late afternoon tomorrow.

How I'm gonna do it? No idea.

The Lord will be my muscle.

This weekend is literally the worse weekend I've had in the history of weekends. Okay, maybe it's not as bad as I'm painting it but I was just so bored. No Helen... No Oluchi (She spent the weekend at her boyfriend's she came back just this night just to resume sleep)... No Nonso (Apart from his incessant texting, funny messages, and weird pictures. He still wasn't present in the flesh because he went home for the weekend).

Wait! Why am I involving him in this? Since when did his absence start affecting me?.

Well, what can I say? He's my friend so I'm supposed to miss him.