Chapter 27 - Craving Death

«««««Soma»»»»»

"Yes... I'll try okay...Thanks a lot. Bye."

I dropped my phone on the couch and sighed heavily.

Life is like a spoon.

I know it doesn't make sense but what else would you have me say?.
My exams are fast approaching and I still haven't decided on what to do just yet.
This morning I got a message from my stalker. It read;
Time is crawling faster that expected.

Whatever that means is not my business because I have more pressing things to think about.
Mother is in the hospital and my sister's situation is still pending so if that stalker of a person is not ready to state his/her motive, then he/she can go to hell for all I care.

My last meet with Ethan and his hot twin was so futile because they said they had no hand in my predicament.

Yesterday I went with my sister to see the so called goat that got her pregnant, on getting there we found out that he has traveled abroad.

Like how did that happen?

He just toyed with her innocence to satisfy his lust and just disappeared. Just like that!!.

My brain is blocked right now, my thinking faculty have been shut down. I just want to sleep and wake up in heaven.
I don't know what to do, who to turn to or what solution to profer.

Thumbs up to every first child out there!

I was shaken from my thoughts by loud sobs.
I turned towards the kitchen and saw Somto furiously tapping her phone and sniffing quietly.

"Why are you still crying?" I asked with concern as I walked towards her.

"His phone is not reachable. I've been trying." She stuttered with a shaky voice.

"Hey..." I slowly lifted her chin so her eyes would meet mine. "Stop crying okay." I cooed.

She sniffed loudly, "I'm not crying but... but..."

"But nothing. Come here." I dragged her closer to myself and gently patted her head.

"I'm sorry. I've failed you and mum. I was mislead by those stupid friends and now mum's in the hospital all because of me." She confessed and shivered against my body.

"You have to stop blaming yourself okay." I said wearily.

She released herself from my grasp and stared at me, "I know you are tired of me. You said it yourself." She said firmly.

This is that moment when I regret ever spewing rubbish due to anger.
"Forget everything I said. I was just angry and lots of things were in my head at that time." I replied breathlessly.

"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry." She pleaded on.

I sighed loudly, "I'm sorry too. I should have been a better big sister but I was so engrossed in my own affairs that..." I was disrupted by my ringtone.

I retrieved my phone from the couch and looked at the caller ID.
It was an unknown number.

"Let me take this." I waved my phone in Somto's face and picked the call.

"Hello." A familiar voice resonated from the other side.

"Yes please who's this?" I asked calmly.

"Thank God you are okay. How have you been?"

"Who is this please?" I felt my temper rising.

"It's me."