𝐞𝐥𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧

Like this, the two boys stood there for what felt like an eternity for both of them. Lost in their own thought and confusion, too afraid to say a word. Scared that they could say something that will make their current situation even worse.

“Don’t… don’t stop.” San tried to keep his voice steady but it came out as nothing more than a desperate whisper.

He knew that he just made himself more vulnerable than he ever was before and this in front of someone who was probably just playing with his feelings, for some stupid reason he couldn’t even imagine.

The problem was that he suddenly didn’t care anymore. This few words made him feel something again, even if he couldn’t quite pinpoint what it was and it terrified him, but he didn’t want it to stop just yet.

“Listen, I don’t care why you are writing me this” he waved the piece of paper between them “but please don’t stop with it.” He didn’t want to be left alone in the dark again, not after he finally saw a tiny glint of light.

In this moment, neither of them understood their feelings. The only thing Wooyoung was sure of, was the glimpse of hope in his chest that started growing upon hearing these words.

“So… I am not annoying you? I thought you want me to stop?” The blond needed to make this one thing clear, make sure that he wasn’t just dreaming their small encounter.

Irritation flashed over Sans face before he slowly shook his head, a giant weight falling of his chest when he saw a tentative smile make its way on Wooyoungs face.

They didn’t talk more because there was nothing else to say, or maybe there was but neither of them was ready to speak it out aloud just yet. So instead they left and returned to class, sitting down at their tables like nothing happened.

All the worries they had only minutes ago had faded and all they could think about was this moment that made feel both of them like the world had stopped, like for the blink of an eye, nothing could ever tear them apart.

For the first time San didn’t sit in class, feeling all alone in the world and he even allowed himself to think about the possibility that he just made a friend.