~Chapter Two~

As you were walking to the wall to rest your achy legs, you felt a presence behind you. You turned around to check who it was, but there was no one there, so you just brushed the feeling off and sat against the wall, closing your eyes.

You hadn't been sitting for five seconds when you heard a sultry voice say, "And what's someone like you doing here~?"

You opened your eyes to see who had disturbed your short rest, only to find the pink haired magician standing against the wall next to you.

"You'll have to be more specific. And can't you tell I'm trying to rest? Please don't disturb me any further," you stated rather politely, closing your eyes once more.

"Hmmm~" 

You could tell the magician was not done teasing you yet.

"Could you at least tell me your name?" He asked. 

You truly were tired, so instead of replying, you ignored him.

"Well who's being rude now~" he said with a smile on his face, "I was only trying to make a friend," he pouted, "I guess I'll have to try harder."

At this point you were done with whatever game he was trying to play, so you rolled your eyes, got up, and walked away. Without moving, the bothersome man grabbed your wrist and swung you around.

Your hood fell down in the process, and you looked to see the normally collected magician slightly shocked as your (h/c) hair hit the light. Now, you were just plain mad.

"And what do you think you're doing?" you said with slight malice in your voice.

The fuchsia haired man looked at you up and down, letting his eyes travel to the more feminine parts, trying to prove his suspicion, his eyes stopping at your chest.

"My my," he said, "What do we have here?" and you scowled. "Looks like this exam will be much more interesting than I thought~" and just as you thought he was going to try something, he simply let go of your wrist and walked away.

You decided to ignore the exchange and continued to rest until the examiner arrived.

Suddenly, you heard a bell ring, and the wall at the front of the large room lifted into the ceiling. A tall, lavender haired man, with what looked like no mouth, but a perfectly groomed mustache was standing just behind the door.

"I apologize for the delay," he said. "Thank you for waiting."

You assumed that he was the examiner, and walked back over to join the rest of the group.

"The entry period for hunter applicants is officially closed," he stated. "So with no further adieu, the Hunter Exam will now begin."

"One final word of caution," he continued. "If you're short on luck, or ability, keep in mind, that there's a very real chance that you could end up seriously injured. Death is another distinct possibility. If you're willing to accept the risks involved, I'll ask you to follow me now. But for the rest of you, kindly exit through the elevator located behind you." Nobody moved.

Guess they're all confident. Ah well, it'll bite them in the ass during the exam.

"Right then," he continued. "All 405 applicants will now participate in phase one." With that, the lavender haired man turned around, and started marching like a little toy soldier down the long dimly lit hallway behind him.

You were following more in the middle, keeping an eye out for anything suspicious. You watched Gon and his friends chatting, and you saw the magician quietly walking next to a man with an indigo coloured mohawk and pins in his face, whose head moved like a bobble head. As you were walking, the examiner had picked up the pace, forcing everyone into a jog. 

"How rude of me," the examiner said, "I neglected to introduce myself. I am Satotz, your examiner for the first phase of the exam. It's my responsibility to lead you all to the second phase."

"Second? Whatever happened to the first?" a man from the crowd asked.

"The first phase is already underway," Satotz said, gaining mumbles of surprise from the applicants.

"The first phase is quite simple," he continued. "All you have to do is follow me to the second phase, so try to keep up."

The jogging went on for hours, and when the group reached a set of stairs that had no end in sight, Satotz broke out into a complete sprint. By this time, you realized that the mental and physical strain of running and not knowing when you could stop took out at least a hundred applicants. You guessed that you had run at least 80 kilometres by this point, and you assumed that at least fifty more applicants would have to stop here, as they couldn't run any further.

You were also getting quite hot, and much to your dismay, you had to take off your sweatshirt as to not overheat, tying the sweater to your waist. As you were running up the stairs, you felt quite a few eyes on you, rather your chest, as you were only wearing a tank top under your sweater.

Disgusting. As if these men don't have other things to worry about than staring at some girl like they've never seen one before.

Suddenly, the magician was running beside you with a pleasant smile on his face. You politely smiled back, not realizing that he emitted a blood lust directed at the men who were staring at you. They instantly looked away, not wanting to cross the man.

You took this opportunity to ask some questions about the guy.

"So what's your name?" you asked him. He seemed delighted that you had talked to him at all.

"Hisoka. And yours?" 

"(y/n). Why is everyone afraid of you?" you responded bluntly.

You had noticed that even before Hisoka turned that man's arms into flower petals, people were avoiding him and were constantly giving him dirty looks. Yes he had been a bit dramatic when the guy bumped into him, but he actually seemed to be quite polite, even if he was slightly arrogant.

"Hmm~ I don't know," he said thoughtfully. "Maybe they heard of the incident last year."

"Last year?"

"Yes," he continued. "I had, let's say, a quarrel with one of the examiners, and killed him, leaving me disqualified."

You scoffed and said, "Well that's stupid."

"Hmm~?"

"Well if you didn't like the guy, why didn't you just wait until you had your license, and kill him after?" you asked. You weren't scared of Hisoka, but you were a bit surprised by this story. It did make you wonder how many people this man has killed, and dare you say, that the thought almost excited you?

"Well my little fruit, if I had done that, then I wouldn't have met you, would I?"

You didn't have the words to respond. Was he actually flirting with you? In response to this, all you did was scoff and run ahead. You could feel him smirking and staring at your ass while you ran, but you didn't care. His arrogance would get him killed sooner or later, if it wasn't by your hands.

A/N: yay! you're at the second chapter! i hope you like the book! if you have any grammar corrections, please let me know! and if you want me to add anything, comment and i'll try to incorporate it. don't be shy!! this chapter is edited.