Random Thought

**Let me go**

Arjun sighed tiredly as the keys in his hand fumbled and fell down on the marbled floor.

Looking his dishevelled self anyone could predict that the poor soul had a bad day at work.

He picked up sharp metal piece from the floor and inserting it in the key hole.

Stepping inside his once happy home, the only thing which welcomed him was darkness... Pitch darkness.

Tossing the bunch carelessly in the key bowl, he switched on the lights and soon the whole area illuminated with bright led lights.

"You home, baby?" A serene voice reached his ears making his lips curled up in content.

Closing the door with his leg, Arjun firstly threw away the coat hanging on his arm from so long on the floor and then put his laptop bag near the couch leg.

He loosened his tie while making his way towards the angelic figure waiting for him on the couch.

"I missed you Tisha" he mumbled as soon as his head found its heaven... her lap.

"I missed you too Arjun" Tisha whispered running her long fingers in his silky locks.

"Go freshen up and have some food. You must be hungry" her polite voice like always calmed his senses and her soft hands helped alot in relieving his throbbing headache.

Reluctantly Arjun pulled himself away from her warmth and walked towards his bedroom.

Entering in his room, the very first thing Arjun noticed was a huge photo frame of his and his wife hanging  behind his king sized bed.

It was a candid snap of their wedding day in which he was admiring Mitisha while she was busy laughing her heart out at some stupidity of her cousin.

The days with her were indeed the happy ones but his world turned upside down after that dreadful day.

Gulping down the lump, he decided to take a long relaxing hot bath rather than the quick shower.

Changing into a fresh set of tracks and t-shirt, Arjun made his way towards the kitchen.

He was busy in microwaving the already cooked food when suddenly his phone started ringing.

Leaving the food in the microwave to re-heat, Arjun went to pick up the call but Tisha beat him to that and hold his phone in her grip.

"Arjun no office talks at home" she warned and he chuckled throwing his head back remembering how much she hated him for doing office work at home.

The beep sound of the microwave broke his trance. He looked again towards the spot where Tisha was standing minutes before only to found no traces of her now.

Shaking his head, Arjun again sauntered to the kitchen area to notice Tisha this time sitting on the kitchen counter and dangling her long slender legs in the air.

She passed him a toothy grin when he walked past her towards the microwave.

After serving himself with some curry and a roti, Arjun firstly thought to have his food on the dinning table but when his eyes landed on Tisha's figure, he decided otherwise and in no time plopped himself next to her on the counter with his plate on his lap.

Arjun was taking all the time in the world to finish his food cause all his attention was on Tisha not on the morsel which was between his lips from last two minutes.

"Let me go" Tisha said. All the while her beautiful doe eyes were struck on the window across them unknown of the havoc her words created inside Arjun.

He looked her bewildered and caught her small hands in his big ones.

He was scared that if he loosen his grip a bit she would disappear.

"You can't hold me for life time Arjun. You need to move on" for the first time her voice inspite of composing him aroused a sense of fear in his heart.

A fear of loosing her again.

"No... No... No... I won't let you go" Arjun weeped like a kid hiding his face in the crook of her neck.

"Arjun admit it, I'm not real.... I'm just your imagination..." He heard Tisha saying but was not at all ready to give it any heed.

Mitisha was his life. He lost her once but was not at all ready to go through that pain again.

If he needed to stay in a world of imagination to have her with him then he was willing to do that.

He was willing to do it even if it means people calling him names and fool for talking to himself.

He was ready to endure anything just to have Mitisha's presence again in his life.

"Mitisha... Please baby... Please come back... Your Arjun need you"  Arjun  screamed on the top of his lungs looking down towards his wedding band.

The band which was one of the witness of their love and vow...

Vow to stay with each other till eternity...

Vow to never leave each other for anything...

Vow that Mitisha broke while struggling with cancer...

Vow that Arjun was upholding till now...

***