Chapter-23

**UNFOLDING THE TRUTH**

Suhana's Pov...

Shifting my weight from one foot to another, I waited for the person I called few minutes before to come soon.

The guilt of doing all this behind Aksh's back was eating me up but I had no other option.

Exhaling the long held breath, I moved out as the sound of car horn reached my ears.

Shikhar stepped down from his car watching me coming his way but I walked past him and gestured him with my eyes to open the passenger door.

His eyes were fixed on my face as we got inside his car.

"What?" Not able to take his intense gaze anymore, I snapped.

"Oh God! how come I become this lucky that the one and only Suhana called me herself?" He said smugly forcing me to punch him hard across his face.

Though, I controlled my temptation of hitting Shikhar but he didn't even tried to wiping off that stupid smirk from his lips which was agitating me to no extent.

"I saw him" ignoring his useless talks, I uttered in a single breath.

"Saw who?" He questioned earning a death glare from me.

"No..." Disbelief was evident in his voice which soon flew out the window when I nodded in affirmation.

"Yesterday I and Aksh went to City Mall, thats where I came face to face with him." I explained to which Sikhar squeezed my hand which was placed above the dashboard in understanding.

For few minutes, no words exchanged between us. Shikhar seemed engrossed in some deep thinking.

"No I didn't talked to him cause as he came in front of my sight, I started hyperventilating and soon fainted." I answered his unasked question.

"And Aksh?" He again queried not meeting my eyes.

"No idea but I assume he doesn't know anything as he doesn't confront me till now" I elucidated.

"So, now what?" Shikhar asked in a soft and gentle voice.

"I want you to find out about him" I declared with determination.

"Are you kidding me? I am not doing anything of this sort." He declined as sudden anger reflected in his eyes.

"Fine, then I'll do it on my own." Saying so I turned around to leave.

I was taking all the time in the world to unlock the car as waiting for Shikhar to stop me.

"As much as I want to refuse you, I can't cause this time leaving you alone is not even an option" he uttered in frustrated tone but that only made me grin in return.

"Give me some time. I'll see what I can do" Nodding at his assurance, I signed in relief.

Finally...

"Suhana you know naah... What you are up to?" This Shikhar gave me a glimpse of my best friend who used to worry about me more than needed.

"I know... Believe me" Giving him my best smile, I tried to relive some of his tension.

Biding my bye, I stepped out the car but Shikhar also followed my suit and came out.

"How selfish you are? After waking me up this early, you don't even have the courtesy to ask me for a cup of adrak wali chai." He complained with a teasing smile playing on his lips.