Chapter-9

**BYE**

Suhana's Pov...

"I AM AFRAID." I sobbed hard falling on my knees and finally turned around to face her but the person I found there made me felt like the Earth move under my feet.

"Aksh" I mumbled all horrified and shocked while trying hard to control my cries.

"Suhana" He said and moved in my direction in two long strides.

He knelt down in front of me and hold my trembling figure in his strong hold.

I also unknowingly wrapped my arms around his neck and kept on weeping silently.

I dont know for how long I was crying on him but his hold not even for once loosened and his knees never gave up.

Finally, when I started to hiccup, I pulled away and wiped my hands all over my face.

Aksh looked down at me worriedly, his eyebrows knitted and forehand lined with worry.

He reached down in his pocket and hands me his handkerchief which I took without any hesitation.

"Are you ok?" He asked in a soft voice while wiping the stains of dried tears from my cheeks with the pad of his thumb.

I nodded in affirmation and sniffed into the hanky.

He stood up and took me towards the chair and made me settled down on it.

He himself crouched down in front of me and hold my sweaty palms his warm ones.

"Last night whatever I said Suhana were my feelings, you are not obliged to return back the same." He said calmly and stopped for a second to see my reactions.

When I didn't uttered anything he continued.

"I can understand your worries because I myself knew that I lack as a husband" Disappointment was so evident on his face and voice.

"Its not like that Aks..." I tried to say but he shushed me putting his index finger on my lips.

"Let bygones be bygones Suhana but one thing I want to promise you is that from now on... no matter what... you'll always find me beside you as a friend, as a partner, as a husband, as a soul mate at each and every step you take" Aksh enunciated each word with utmost love and sincerity.

Although, from outside I smiled at his promise but my innerself was mocking me for not telling him about the bitter past of my life.

My heart was screaming to tell him the reality of my past but my rational side was stopping me from doing so and in the last the thing happened which I hated the most.

I ONCE AGAIN HIDE THE TRUTH FROM HIM...

Regaining my composure, I again hugged Aksh but this time in all my consciousness and senses.

He also hold me back in his arms and we both were lost in each other embrace untill a thoat clearing sound reached our ears.

"If you guys are done with your romance, then may I come in?" Kirti who was standing at the threshold commented in a mischevious tone.

"Naah... Abhi toh hamne start kiya hai" Aksh uttered making me and Kirti both gasp simultaneously at his bluntness.

I slightly hit him on his chest and he faked pain in return.

Kirti laughed looking at our sweet banter and soon we three involved in some random conversation untill Nishant's baby voice decided to interfere in between.