Epilogue...

FIVE YEARS LATER

"So... That's how the good wins over the evil" Suhana closed the story book expecting her four year toddler to be in deep slumber but much to her dismay she was still wide awake.

Her brown orbs were twinkling brightly whereas her lips were stretched in a small but beautiful smile.

"Akshu... Sleep baby..." Suhana caressed her hair lovingly while tucking her properly under the blanket.

"Mumma... I also want to be a soldier... Just like dadda... A... And fight with the bad people" Akshana muttered in her baby voice.

The bravery stories of her dadda facinates her.

Suhana's hand freezed in her hair.

"Akshu... You are just four baby and have all the time in the world to think... What you want to become... Okay... So, now you need to sleep and give some rest to this over working brain of yours" She lightly pinched her daughter's button nose making her giggle in result.

"Yes mumma" Akshana agreed and wished her mumma good night while hugging her.

Suhana stayed with her little munchkin untill her breathing became even and light snores reached her ears.

She stood up from the bed and moved out after placing a small kiss on her forehead.

Akshana acts different... She acts mature from other kids.

When all the girls of her age like fairytales... The stories of her dadda mesmerizes her.

"Aksh... You daughter is making me worried" Suhana shared her misery with her husband as soon as she entered their bedroom.

"She is way to serious for her age. She is maturing... Before time." She slumped on bed.

She wanted her baby to enjoy her childhood instead of helping her in the house chores... She wanted her daughter to do shenanigans instead of being serious all the time... She wanted her daughter to divert her attention from studies and spare some time to play but much to her dismay Akshana is way more obedient than her liking.

"Stop smiling Aksh" Suhana glared looking  in the direction where her and her late husband's photo was placed.

Tears of frustration pooled up in her eyes. She always tries her level best to come out strong infront of her daughter... Their daughter... Her family... Their family but moments like this always broke her... Make her weak.

She stood and took calculative steps towards the side table where the photograph was lay down from very moment Kirti gifted her.

Holding it in her grip, Suhana settled on the tiled floor taking the support of the bed.

PS:- SOME OF YOU MAY FIND THE FOLLOWING DIALOGUES BIT OFFENSIVE BUT THEY ARE FROM THE PERSPECTIVE OF A LOVER... THE ONE WHO GOT HER LOVE AFTER A LOT OF STRUGGLE... NOT THE POINT OF VIEW OF A PROUD WIFE OF A MARTYRED SOLDIER. SO PLEASE REFRAIN YOURSELF FROM COMMENTING NEGATIVE.

"You asked me to wait and till this date I am waiting Aksh but now what... What do I do Aksh... Everyone tell to make peace with the fact that you are not anymore with me... With us... But how I'll convince this stupid heart of mine that you won't come back. Tell me Aksh... Answer me..." Suhana choked with emotions.

"It hurts Aksh... It hurts everytime... And you are the reason behind it. You promised me the eternity but look you left me in the mid. I hate loving you so much."

"I am a proud wife of a martyred soldier but what about the lover inside me who yearn for your togeatherness... What about the lady who always dreamt of raising her child with her husband... What about..." She sobbed loudly. Her hiccuping was making it difficult for her to breath.

"I know you are in a good space... Satisfied with the fact the you fulfilled your oath by fighting for our country till the last breath but what about the vows you took with me our wedding alter..."

Suhana's hiccups echoed in the space. She covered her mouth to control her sobbing but failed miserably.

"Main intezaar kar rahi hu" a whisper left her mouth and soon she was found lying unconsious.

•~•~•~•

BYE!!!