Happy Independence Day!!!🇮🇳

Micro tale on 'My Patriotism'

Title: Why always Army?!

Author: _stories_addiction_

Word count: 200

Diya was enjoying a dinner date with Arjun and their year old baby boy at 'The Taj Mahal Palace Hotel' when suddenly she heard a faint gun shot.

"Ignore" her mind ordered and she obeyed.

"Terrorist attack" someone yelled making a commotion happen among the crowd.

The bustling made her lost Arjun's hold.

Hiding alone in a dark room under a table, she kept on weeping uncontrollably all night long.

There was still time for the day to dawn, when suddenly the door busted open.

Diya terrified thinking of the intruder as terrorist.

"Don't worry sister, I'm here to help you" a man dressed in an Army uniform uttered but before Diya could acknowledge him someone fired from outside.

Scared she shifted in a corner witnessing a fight between good and evil.

"Kyon hamesha jaawano se kurbaani ki umeed rakhi jati hai? Kyon kabhi aam aadmi desh ki raksha ke liye apni jaan kurbaan nahi kar sakta?"

Suddenly her late father's word echoed in her mind and without having another thought she stood boldly infront of her soldier brother making the bullets pierce her body.

"Jai hind" she saluted as her boby finally gave up and fell on the floor.

***