Second Day Back in the City of Domino

Julia's POV

I left the barber shop, adored with my new hair cut. I needed something new, especially since long hair is sometimes a hassle to play with and take care of after a while. I took some pictures and I sent them to Seto, who was working from home and getting everything caught up. 

Once I sent the pictures to him, I remembered what he told me on the way back here in the Kaiba Copter..

After Seto and I loaded everything, Mokuba handed me Preston and we sat down, heading our way back to the city. 

"Julia." I looked over my shoulder since I got done changing Preston and he was operating the copter. 

"What's up?" He used his fingers to signal me to head up there to sit with him, in which I happily agreed. Mokuba was busy playing with Preston after I changed him so I might as well head up there. When I took my seat, he looked over at me and smirked. "What, Seto?" I smiled at him, which made his smirk turn into a smile and he looked towards our city. 

"Remember those assignments you started before the power outage?" I nodded, curious on where this was going. 

"Yeah, what about it?"

"Well, it was a test, to see how much you can do and how seriously you take the job." I looked at him dumbfounded.

"What?" I didn't understand, but he started to explain himself again.

"It was a test, because I have liked you since our interview. The Zoom meeting, when you were still in America." I heard him admit. My heart was pounding, with both confusion and lust. This man lured me here to basically know me more and for him to fall harder for me?

"Seto, I'm not following. Yeah, you liked me over a damn screen. But, why did you do that?" He sighed in annoyance which was the daily usual. 

"Julia, you and Preston remind me of when Mokuba and I were kids."

"Oh?" I asked him, not knowing where this was going. 

"Mokuba and I lost our parents when I was 12 and he was 8. Our family didn't care about us, so we went in the orphanage." He told me, and I was shocked. My emotions for the brothers softened. This was sad. "But, for being there for a while, Guzaboro Kaiba came here, and I challenged him to a game of chess. I won, so he adopted us. I did that so Mokuba wouldn't have to deal with the bullies at the orphanage, and so he could have a better child hood, even though I risked mine. I did nonstop studies to become a business man. I took over Kaiba Corp while I was in high school, and drove my step father insane to the point to him committing suicide. He couldn't believe I was doing so much better as a company owner than he ever was, since Kaiba Corporation was a military grade company before I made it into a gaming company." 

I just sighed, wondering if I could still work. I enjoyed the 'test' I was assigned, and Preston loved being in the office Seto customized for us. It was perfect there.

ding

I checked my phone, seeing a text from Seto. 

Cute.

Cute?

Thanks, Seto.

I sent back and I sighed. I called Mokuba, who was baby sitting while I was checking out the city. 

"Hey, Julia!" He seemed excited to hear from me. 

"Hey, honey." I smiled. "How's my son?" 

"Oh, Seto has him." Oh? "Preston's sleeping in his arms right now. He was getting a little fussy so Seto took him, changed him, and held him." 

"Oh, I thought he was working today from home since Kaiba Corp's power doesn't work right now." 

"He is working, but want to know something funny?" I heard little giggles coming from the young teenage boy, which made me chuckle a bit as well.

"Sure, sweetie, what happened?" 

"Right when Preston fell asleep, Seto got brought into a meeting through Zoom." Mokuba laughed, and I did too. He's been meaning to do another meeting and with my son in his arms, that made it all better.

"Well shit, that's hilarious!" I laughed out loud in the middle of the city. 

"I know! Seto wasn't too happy which made it even more funny. I even heard one of the representatives ask Seto if Preston was his kid." 

I paused. 

"Julia?" 

"What did Seto say?" I breathed out gently.

"That he wants to adopted Preston at some point, but he also said that you and him were together. He also said more but I won't be able to tell you what it is. It's a surprise and his representatives are helping him with it I guess." My heart began beating. 

"Oh, is that right?" I asked, trying to keep a positive outlook on it. I told Seto before that Preston comes with me, so is he planning on proposing? We've only been together for a couple weeks if that. It's way to early. "I'm almost home, Mokuba. I'll see you when I get home." I hung up with a heavy heart. 

Am I ready to do something this big? No, not yet. 

time skip

I walk inside the mansion and take off my shoes, then putting my purse on the kitchen table. I walked up to Seto's home office and I knocked on the door, receiving no response. I turned the knob and Mokuba walks right up by me, making my turning of the knob pause.

"He might still be in his meeting, Julia." I put the side of my head on the door trying to hear the inside. 

"I'm not hearing anything, Mokuba. I'm going in." I slowly turned the knob once again and carefully opened it, revealing a sleeping Seto Kaiba and a sleeping Preston snuggled into his jacket. My heart warmed up immediately seeing my 2 loves sleeping together. I loved it, so I pulled out my phone and I took a picture of them sleeping, making sure the flash wasn't on. 

"Ngh." Seto mumbled, as he adjusted himself making a small black box fall out of his pants pocket and opened on the floor. 

It was a ring. 

The thud the box made made the older Kaiba stir again, and he opened his eyes, and saw my shocked expression. I couldn't help but stare at the gorgeous ring that was laying on the floor before me, and a defeated looking rich man. He saw that the box was facing me as it was opened, but then he looked up at me, smiling. 

"Seto, I-" 

"Marry me?"

FINALLY. AN UPDATE. 

Hey y'all! I'm sorry for the short update that took forever. My hand is literally killing me and I have plenty of appointments made for it. I won't die yet~

I plan on updating again here and in my Mokuba Love Story before the end of the week, well Mokuba's story will be updated tomorrow night. Stay tuned!

Thank you so much guys for reading!