Work Calls and Fear Does More

Previously...

I arrive to the hospital and I got taken to Julia's room. The more I thought about her, my mind takes me to her suffering in that chair. I wish I murdered those punks when I could have. They would be burning in Hell at this point.

I walked into her room and I see her laying there, looking out of the window. I closed the door behind me and she looked over, with stitches on her face, her arms wrapped and the rest of her body covered in a blanket. I was heart broken. My fiancé is now scarred, my poor Julia. I could tell that my face softened, and I got the lump in my throat, the kind that you know you're going to cry.

"Seto, baby." She whimpered, tears forming into her eyes and threatened to pour down her stitched up cheeks. Mine were pouring out by now, I slowly stepped over to her. I didn't know what to do. There was no way this was happening.

"J-Julia.." I got out, and I pulled up a chair and sat right next to her. I felt her wrapped hand on my cheek, and she used her thumb to wipe away my tears. "I was so worried, Mokuba never even gotten this injured."

"Baby, I'm alive thanks to you. I love you so much." I cupped her face, trying to wipe her tears away without hurting her, and I gave her a deep kiss.

"I love you." 

QUICK NOTE: I am so sorry I haven't updated this story in so long. I've been having a lot going on along with trying to update my Mokuba story. ALSO ABRIDGED SERIES FANSSSS Little Kuriboh uploaded EPISODE 83! The newest abridged episode since like 3 years ago. I was so stoked, and like usual, he did not disappoint! Check his videos out on YouTube! Enjoy this chapter! Thanks for reading!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Continuing in Seto's POV

"Preston, come here." I said, not taking my eyes off my screen. Preston was in my office with me while Mokuba was subbing for Julia while she was in the hospital. I needed to keep my company on track, and she was in recovery from her second round of surgery. 

"What?" I turned my chair and picked him up, setting him in my lap.

"Time for lunch, don't fight against it because you won't win." He put on a pouting face, but he needed to eat. He refused his breakfast this morning before we came here for work. 

I opened my desk drawer and took out his cold lunch pack, which had some cut up apples, bananas, some yogurt, granola, and a Capri-sun juice. I opened the pack of granola and set it carefully onto my desk, then opened the yogurt cup, and gently mixed together the yogurt and granola together. I handed it to him and I got a request for a Zoom meeting. Great. I groaned and clicked on the ACCEPT, being welcomed into the video call. 

"Good afternoon, Mr. Kaiba. I see you have Preston with you again."  I rolled my eyes as my American secretary spoke to me from Kaiba Land, and made sure Preston wasn't going to spill everywhere.

"That's right. Yesterday was hectic, so this meeting slipped my mind." I grabbed a soft tissue and quickly cleaned his face. 

"I heard what happened and I hope Julia is okay." I didn't want to think of my injured future wife right now. It hurt me as it reminded me that I wasn't there to protect her like I promised her. 

"Let's get this meeting over with, shall we?" I sternly told my secretary. 

"S-sure thing, Mr. Kaiba." She stuttered. "This meeting is for the new ride that will be over here in America. Is it finished by chance? Just so I can put it in the books over here." That project was Julia's assignment test, I guess they didn't get the email.