Some Afternoon Thoughts

It has been 2 days since Joshua Ingram has contacted Julia Williams at her own job and sending her anxiety through the roof. It's also the day before Seto Kaiba treats her to dinner; yes it's Thursday. Julia's mind is everywhere, since she only got the design for the Kaiba-nator done, which is a simulation game, based on the Terminator movie; Mokuba's idea. 

Julia looked over at her son who was playing in the play pin that was set up by her boss and she checked the time on her cell phone, 2:49 in the afternoon, and her CEO has not contacted her once since the incident on Tuesday.

Julia also met Mokuba Tuesday night when they were leaving for the day, and he did seem excited to watch the young toddler. 

flashback

"Julia." Julia turned around from her vehicle after loading her diaper bag in the back seat to see her CEO and a teenager at his side. 

"Oh, hey." She smiled calmly at the adult and smiled as well and the kid.

"Hi!" Preston cheered, reaching for her boss. Seto Kaiba took the toddler in his arms and the black haired teen smiled widely.

"Julia, this is Mokuba; my little brother." Julia waved and thought about it.

"Hey, sweetie."

"Hi, Julia!" He cheered out, and watched his elder brother play with her 2 year old. "This must be Preston, I can't wait to play with him on Friday."  Mokuba said so sweetly, which made Julia smile at her CEO. 

"Would you like to hold him, Mokuba?" Julia asked him, which made the younger Kaiba even happier. 

"Yes, please!" Julia watched closely as the older Kaiba brother gently gave Preston to his young brother, and of course Preston had to pull on his black hair. "Ouch! Feisty, huh?"

Julia chuckled and looked up at Seto Kaiba, who was smiling at his younger brother holding the toddler. Preston loved the brothers, and it made her heart flutter in happiness, and the butterflies began to flutter in her stomach the more she stared at her boss.

"Why are you staring?" Her boss asked her, which took her aback.

"S-sorry." Julia mumbled in embarrassment and a red face, using her hair to hide her tomato face. 

end of flashback

Is Julia falling for her boss? He's rich, handsome, kind of a dick, but he has done so much for Julia and her baby, Preston. Had the office child proofed, a play pin with new toys and blankets, etc and it was just so helpful. Julia appreciated everything that the rich CEO has done for her, bought her coffee when she had a bad morning, told off her ex-boyfriend, she could never picture a snobby CEO that he's known as to do this kind of thing.

A huge plus to her is how fast Preston adored him, maybe he's sees him as his father, a real father. Julia couldn't stop thinking about it, the whole thing. 

Julia Williams moving out of America to make a better life for her and her son, and to get away from the scumbag that didn't want to be there for her son or even Julia herself. Risking a new job with no experience for the job they were hiring for in a city she has never been to, it was just going so fast for poor Julia and her boss Seto Kaiba; is taking her out for dinner while the younger Kaiba baby sits her little boy. 

Julia sighed, and looked at the clock on the wall. It read almost 3:30, which was quitting time. She saved her progress on the blue print, hoping she could get it done before the end of the day tomorrow like her boss wanted. 

In the CEO's office, was the usual. Seto Kaiba typing away on the computer and sipping on his afternoon coffee. 

"Ugh, oh man." Mokuba said as he walked in, making the CEO look up at him.

"What, Mokuba?" He asked sternly, clearly not in the happiest mood.

"Just tomorrow, that's all. I get to watch Preston while you take Julia on a date for dinner." Mokuba sat down on the couch and turned to face his brother.

"Shit, tomorrow?" Seto sighed and rubbed his face with his hand, he forgot.

"Yes, big bro! Did you forget?" The older Kaiba pinched the bridge of his nose and could feel a headache coming on.

"I did, I have a meeting with Pegasus tomorrow too." He closed his computer and put it in his briefcase.

"Oh?" Mokuba asked, tilting his head in confusion and earning a glare from his brother. "I thought you cut ties with him, since the kidnapping and all." 

"Mokuba, he wants to here for the Grand Opening of Kaiba Land; and he wants to host a new tournament in my city the week it opens." Kaiba explained, as he got up from his chair and opening the desk drawer to get his car keys. 

"But, Seto. Kaiba Land won't open until next year. Julia is still designing new rides and blue prints. This is really early, don't you think so?" The elder Kaiba sighed again, but in annoyance.

"Mokuba, it's better off this way since he's willing to give in this time and not be a total snake about it." He picked up his briefcase and had his keys in his hand, phone in his jacket pocket. "Not to mention, little brother." Mokuba followed his brother to the door, and before Seto opened it, he continued to speak. "These designs I assigned Julia are a test." 

"Wait, why are you testing her? She didn't know what she was doing at first and she had to teach herself, Seto. That's not very cool." Seto narrowed his eyes.

"Mokuba, stop with the questions. So after I explain this, be quiet." The young Kaiba nodded and noticed as Seto's hand let go of the door knob. "I knew she didn't have experience, but when she mentioned on our Zoom interview that Preston's father wasn't in the picture, I wanted to be that one person that could make her life easier. She's a fast learner, Mokuba." 

"Yes, she is!"

"She emailed me the design for the Kaiba-nator ride, without the blue print. She finished it in 4 days, even with the drama that Preston's poor excuse of a dad caused." Seto bit his lip, and Mokuba noticed it. "I was impressed, to get a design for a simulator game in less than a week. But, Julia and her son reminds me of when we were young."

"Oh? How so, Seto?" 

"Remember when Guzaboro came in the orphanage and I beat him in a game of chess?" The young Kaiba nodded.

"Of course I do! You made life better for us so we didn't stay in the orphanage for a longer time."

"Exactly." Seto Kaiba began to smile at Mokuba. "I saw that she wanted to do the same for her son, by coming here to an unknown city; like how we went into an unknown home when we got adopted." He looked on the corners of his eyes and saw Mokuba with a big grin on his face.

"Can I ask you one more question?" The small smile that the rich CEO had went away, in preparation for an annoying question.

"What?" He asked blankly. 

"You like her, don't you?" Seto Kaiba blushed. He flinched a bit, and set his hand on the knob, calming the heart beat at this point.

"Yes, Mokuba." Seto said, nervously. "I do, I fell for Julia Williams."

HERE'S THE UPDATE.

Thank you for reading!