CHAPTER 16

PERCY P.O.V

That was really weird...I had never seen the Avengers tower before today. That got me thinking, I had also never heard of the Avengers or Tony either...

Now maybe I'm just being paranoid but what if someone was trying to keep us apart, or had arranged us to meet up, this whole thing was giving me Carter vibes.

Nah, definitely paranoid. I mean why would someone try to stop us from meeting?

But I did know that it was super dangerous being here and from what I've heard, the Avengers are really well known and would probably love to get their hands on a whole race of mini gods with powers.

Whatever the case was I decided that I was not going to let them figure out who I am. No matter the cost. I would die for any of the half-bloods, I have to protect everyone at the camps. It's my job.

Anyway, back to the horrible elevator ride, Tony had lead me inside, nodded at the receptionist, and pushed me toward two shiny metal doors that I had just realized belonged to an elevator.

That's when I started to have a mini panic attack, but I kept a straight face and turned to Tony, "Are there, by any chance some stairs I could take instead," I would have never admitted it but, I have been deathly afraid of elevators ever since the House of Hades.

The only way I would ever go up one is if Annabeth is there with me so I can hold her hand, that may sound childish but we went through hell, sorry if me and my girlfriend are traumatized for life, Annabeth is scared out of her mind to go on one as well, so it kinda works.

Right, back to Tony.

"Why do you ask," he questions.

"I don't think that concerns you now does it."

He gives me a slightly insulted/curious look, "Well, you could take the stairs, but you would probably be walking up them for an hour with where we're going."

While I would have much rather do that, I didn't want to look like a coward, so I took a deep breath, clenched and unclenched my fists and walked in my heart pounding in my ears.

It was torture.

That's was the pleasant way of putting it at least.

I had to hold my breath and clench the little metal railing until my knuckles had turned stark white to keep myself from throwing my body against the doors (ya know to hold them shut like Annabeth and I had to so we wouldn't die).

I kept catching Tony giving me confused glances, but I didn't care, all I wanted was to get off that stupid thing.

After the longest 8 minutes of my life, the doors opened.

I raced out of there as if my life depended on it, as I stood outside the door and caught my breath (I had been holding it for quite a while), Tony strolled out calmly and shot me a curious glance.

I stood up and glared at him.

After I was done giving him the death look, I took in the room around me.

Whoa...

A/N: 800 READS!?!?! Ahhhh thank y'all so much!!! And again, I'm super sorry about the wait, I think I'm gonna try to update at least once a week from now on though so that's good news I guess. Highschool is a complete mess but I'm getting through (barely). Let me know what you think of the latest chapter, if you have any ideas let me know in the comments or feel free to private message me. Don't forget to Vote and Comment! Thank you again and I love you guys so much!!

-M :)